Date: 28-04-24  Time: 13:31 pm

Author Topic: Motad full system.  (Read 747 times)

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Motad full system.
« on: 12 June 2023, 04:45:10 pm »
 Hi all,
    I've finally got round to fitting my Motad system. I had to remove the original system to get to the front of the engine to clean a repaint it while I had the radiator off for a respray cos it had start flaking paint off too. It was overdue a coolant change anyway. So I decided to swap the exhaust while it was off. The headers went straight on with no problem but the link pipe centre stand stop bracket is in the wrong place and the rubber bung misses it entirely. I've had to make a diy bodge to make it work. The silencer fitted okay but the hanging bracket is a PITA to fit. Has anyone else had this problem fitting a Motad? Can post pics if anyone's interested.
                                                                                                                                     thanks
« Last Edit: 12 June 2023, 05:55:19 pm by vinnyb »

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Motad full system.
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2023, 09:10:26 pm »
Nobody said they were interested but what the hell, I did it anyway.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2023, 11:03:14 am »
I'm interested. Lets see your diy solution and why was the hanging bracket a PITA
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2023, 05:12:44 pm »
   Hi Sharpy, sorry, i didn't take any pics of the bodge and i've removed it now. it was just a cheapo bracket, bent double and secured through the hole in the bracket onto the hanger., nothing clever. Anyway i took it off cos the stand was hanging too low for my liking, so i removed the bump stop rubber and have fitted an old grommet in it's place temporarily. However I'm now taking it to a mate who owns a fabrication company who does stainless welding, hoping he can cut it off and relocate it. Hanging bracket was a pain to fit because it was difficult to get the bolt through both holes, it was only a five minute PITA.
« Last Edit: 17 June 2023, 09:40:29 am by vinnyb »

Frasier

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - YZF750R, TT600R, YZ250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2023, 01:36:18 pm »
Definitely interesting. Thanks for the report.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2023, 02:34:08 pm »

Hi All,
  I dunno if I was having my chain pulled  :lol  but my exhaust is now sorted. The intention of my original post was to try to find out if anyone else had had the same problem fitting a Motad. I always thought they were better than that, I've fitted a few over the years and never had a problem before. I know the centre stand needs sorting, I'm having it powder coating in a couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: 24 June 2023, 02:37:25 pm by vinnyb »