Date: 22-05-24  Time: 11:47 am

Author Topic: fitting led indicators  (Read 1116 times)

tex1507

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
fitting led indicators
« on: 20 March 2012, 10:32:26 pm »
Hi All, have bought some slimline indicators to replace the originals, how ever i can not figure out have to fit them with the blanking plate i bought with them (got them from street bike in birmingham).

So has any one fitted aftermarket indicators with the blanking plate and have you got any pictures?

Cheers

Stu

bikemad62

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: fitting led indicators
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2012, 09:14:11 pm »
If you have got indyspacers then take off the old indicators. Then make a sandwich of the indyspacers and the fairing. Slip the new indicator through the hole, add washer and nut, tighten securely. (Don't go mad tightening as you may rip the bolt out of the indicator). Connect the wiring and hey presto. Should the lights flash too fast, you will need to get a new flash can or load resistors to control the speed. By the way Brown /Green are the live side, black is earth. If you connect the wrong way round, the leds won't work Hope this helps.

tex1507

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: fitting led indicators
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2012, 10:50:22 pm »
cheers mate, yeah it helps if i am right it means the indicators are going to roughly be in the same position as the original inicators.
I was hoping to be able to get them closer to the fairing cause if i ever drop my bike again i was trying to get the indicators from touching down and buggering up the fairing like they did couple of years ago.