Date: 28-04-24  Time: 03:22 am

Author Topic: Adventure Style Boots  (Read 1284 times)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Adventure Style Boots
« on: 24 September 2016, 04:07:24 pm »
Hiya fellas, as per title says. Looking to replace my 4 yr old TCX infinity boots which have blown and let in water when heavy rain. Needs to be adventure style due to my riding style of dragging my right foot on r/hand pull aways so require metal toe caps.

Anyone had experience of Sidi Gore Tex boots they'd like to share, good or bad.

https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/store/mens-motorcycle-boots/waterproof-boots/,,491/manufacturer-sidi-/346

Cheers in advance  :thumbup

Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Style Boots
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2016, 07:02:47 pm »
I'm still using a pair of Sidi Couriers I bought in 2005 for a trip to Morocco.They aren't goretex but were waterproof.So as not to risk a leak now I use Sealskinz socks with them.Took a lot of breaking in but still my winter boot choice.The only problem I ever had was one of the clasp pins came out,but just pushed it back in and peened the ends over.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2016, 01:48:03 pm »
Sorted - Sidi Adventure.

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2016, 01:48:28 pm »
I wear a pair of Gaerne G-Midland boots. I've done about 7,000 miles across SE Asia in them (off-road and Tarmac) and they have held up well. The left hand boot is no longer waterproof but I wear Sealskinz socks when it's raining anyway, no boot keeps out the monsoon rain for long. The sole on the G-Midlands is replaceable but both original soles are lasting very well and they offer decent grip when you find yourself pushing the bike through muddy lands slips. I probably don't need to tell you to avoid 'adventure' boots that have irreplaceable soles, not least if you drag feet when pulling away (I drag both when I exit petrol stations in Asia -to scrub off the inevitable sticky diesel that always surrounds the pumps) My boots don't have metal toe caps but are tough enough.
Gaerne don't import the G-Midland into the UK but shops in Europe have them on EBay, I chose this particular boot because of good reviews on adv forums and in yank magazines.
I go through a fair amount of gear which breaks or wears out, but these boots are up to the job.
Comfy too, once worn in.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 September 2016, 02:47:34 pm »
Altberg
Some say...

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 September 2016, 08:42:59 pm »
Altberg
Good boots Stiggy but I need a metal toe cap due to a bad foot dragging habit - Sidi Adventures are breaking in nicely.