Date: 09-05-24  Time: 13:50 pm

Author Topic: 2001 Fazer 600 For Sale  (Read 1356 times)

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
2001 Fazer 600 For Sale
« on: 04 September 2015, 09:32:42 pm »
After just over 3 years ownership I have decided it's time to sell my trusty Fazer :( . It's an excellent bike, the best I've owned and ridden in my opinion. However I have a new job that is literally a 5 minute walk and a small van that I use for my band, so don't really NEED a bike currently and am struggling to find the time to ride with my other hobbies taking up a lot of my time. I don't have a garage and don't want to see it not ridden and rotting away under a sheet over winter. Also, if I am being honest, I have lost a bit of my interest in motorcycling  :( . I want to take a break for a bit, then get something new next spring that I can look forward to and try to relight the spark I have lost. I really enjoy working on bikes as well as riding, so I am going to get something in fairly stock form and plan to do it up. Anyway, the bike!

I have done loads to this bike over the time I've owned it, it was completely standard when bought and as you will see now has many great modifications. I still have most of the stock parts, so I am going to put two prices- £1490 with mods or £1100 with mods removed and reverted to as stock as I can. I can go into more detail on that if required. If I revert to stock, the mods will be available for sale separately.

2001 Silver Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
31,637 Miles
Service History (Most done by myself, have kept docs of what was done. Good oil always used and changed every 4000 miles).
Excellent condition Metzeler z8 Interact tyres front and rear (covered approx 1500 miles).
All brake calipers cleaned and seals replaced with OEM seals. Plenty of life in pads.
FZS 1000 rear caliper, new OEM seals. Pads in good condition.
HEL Braided steel brake lines front and rear
Brand new OEM front mudguard fitted approx 1500 miles ago, old one in poor condition can also be included.
Carbon look Fender Extender.
Naked look 8 inch round headlight and stainless brackets
Smoked mini indicators front and rear
"Dark Smoke" Puig naked screen
Stainless "Fazer" Radiator Guard
Stainless Motad Downpipes
Silver Renthal "Street fighter" bars with OEM bar ends (good weight unlike crappy renthal bar ends)
Carbon effect headstock protector and speedo surround (looks like 2003 fazer clocks)
15mm Stainless Handle bar risers and straight clamps (more comfy, better looking, less back in your lap than standard)
Custom "Fazer" Seat, slightly raised (good for tall riders)
K&N Air Filter
Heavy Duty Chain(gold) and sprockets in good condition, slight surface rust.
Carbon look hugger from the folk legend Noggyfighter  :evil
"Fazer engraved" stainless rear torque arm
25mm Rear Jack Up Kit

Now the real tasty bits:
Ohlins Rear Shock
Mivv Stainless Oval Can (Baffles out LOUD!!! I have baffles in currently)
Front fork internals modified by our very own Kebab19 (Jeff, or the R6 shock guy as most probably know him).  This includes K-Tech linear springs, gold valve emulators, new Yamalube 15w oil and Yamaha Thundercat fork preload adjusters which look smart. All fork seals and bushes and one stanchion have also been replaced by myself for OEM parts, I have the receipts.

The bike handles exceptionally and is adjustable to personal taste. You can genuinely keep up with much sportier bikes in the twisties and it is also better when the road surface is bumpy / uneven mid corner - it's far less likely to be upset which improves safety. The brakes are excellent, the rear thou caliper really is great for carefully scrubbing off a bit of corner speed and of course looks tasty  :evil . Engine and gearbox are sweet, the usual bit of cam chain tick when cold at first but goes away completely when warm. Clutch is good and did fit brand new OEM clutch springs last year. Plates were in good condition. As for the naked look, I understand this isn't for everyone. I personally love muscle bikes so I think it looks ace, not too over the top or bodged like some others. The original fairing, headlight, bracket, indicators etc can also be included however some modifications were made to the wiring so may take a bit of "fixing" to get it all back together. The fairing is slightly damaged, it had an argument with a wall and lost hence the naked conversion. It is minor damage though. The bike has never been dropped or slid down the road since I have owned it. The overall condition is very good. I will honestly be sad to see it go. MOT expires May 2016. PM me for more details. I will be uploading pics tomorrow or Sunday after I have cleaned it properly.
« Last Edit: 07 September 2015, 09:49:24 pm by Yamazer-92 »

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
Re: 2001 Fazer 600 For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2015, 09:38:50 pm »
Here are some pics I took this afternoon, bike is located in Torquay. Devon.
« Last Edit: 06 September 2015, 09:40:10 pm by Yamazer-92 »

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2015, 09:43:45 pm »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 September 2015, 10:03:51 pm »
Real shame you are selling her Cai, we have both been in the same conundrum with bikes over the years on here and i think we suit simillar stuff......felt the same way at times, just not enjoying it enough or struggling to get the time....but if i hung up the boots i know it would end up being another 10-15 years before i got the opportunity again.

Just that you got the bike so nice and it is a good'n....mind you the old noggyfighter wasnt bad either and it got stripped.......you just gotta do what's right at the time.

I pretty much have come to the conclusion that ill blow a few grand on biking each year......a bit of a waste some may say but if i enjoy it and i work hard then wont grudge myself it......of all the things ive tried it is the only one that i stick at each year...albeit more limited mileage this year.

But as you say you have some more hobbies & between them all you could end up spending allot of dosh and at the end of the day bikes are but machines.......replaceable even if perhaps regrettable in the future....ah well that's life.......but there's no point forcing the interest by doing lots of mundane half arsed miles......as you say...try something new and charcterful & different.......what i just did & it is pretty exciting.

I reckon you'll just wake up one day next summer and the weather will be perfect....you'll have no plans but be fresh & alert.......you will suddenly say to yourself "im buying another" 8)

Anyway good luck selling her, hopefully no messing around.....keep us updated.

Cheers

Nog
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 September 2015, 10:01:01 pm »
Cheers Noggy, yeah I am definitely not quitting biking or anything! I did this before when I did up my previous bike my GS500. I owned it for a bit and enjoyed it, then sold it and took some time off then decided on the Fazer and have loved owning it. It has come on loads in my opinion with all the work I've done and I've made it my own and unique from others. It was always a great bike, but now the handling is so sweet and it has more character with its wide bars, nakedness and throaty exhaust. Like I say though, it just doesn't make me wake up and think "I really MUST go out and ride today" any more unfortunately.

When I'm out on it, I love it and it performs fantastically but I have found out recently I am quite a lazy rider when it comes to gear changing and the Fazer has "enough" power and mid range to just about keep up with my lazyness, but I want something more suited to my top gear roll on overtake style because I'm a lazy foccer and can't be arsed to be booting it down 2 gears all the time! I have always loved muscle bikes, hence the styling of my Fazer, but I want to actually own one now not a look alike. There are a few I have always loved, but to be honest my budget is tight so I wont utter what I'm looking at because I will quite likely be booted from the Forum and bring shame to the Fazer community! I am seeing it as a stepping stone into the muscle bike genre though, if I like this one I'll get something better in the future. As I said, I like fettling too and the parts list is endless for the bike I want so I look forward to that! You got the FZ1 and have loved that. I will miss my Fazer no doubt but I like the excitement of trying new stuff and excitement is what biking is all about. Whatever I get though, I'll still visit the forum!

Also, ad is up on bike trader now!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201509066679568?search-target=usedbikes&make=yamaha&model=fzs600&page=1&radius=1500&sort=default&postcode=tq26eb&logcode=p