Date: 19-05-24  Time: 22:55 pm

Author Topic: Under Seat Space.!  (Read 884 times)

slap

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - XS750 & GS750
    • View Profile
Under Seat Space.!
« on: 08 January 2016, 06:58:49 pm »
Hi all, I have a 2008 FZ1n-ABS, I have owned the bike for the past 6 years now & still enjoy every ride I do on it. It is at present tucked away in the garage awaiting the coming of Spring & the on coming better weather!
I have use the bike to tour Europe several times & done plenty of UK miles to boot. My only gripe is the lack of under seat storage the bike has. The compartment that looks to house the tool roll has a electrical unit (I presume to be the ABS control?) has anyone relocated this unit to a new location, I was looking at if it could fit in the side panel of the seat area. Just throwing the question out there to see if anyone has done like-wise?

Cheers, Neill

Managed to re-type the original message
« Last Edit: 08 January 2016, 07:29:46 pm by slap »
..is that it...?

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
Re: Under Seat Space.!
« Reply #1 on: 08 January 2016, 07:13:31 pm »
Hi all, I have a 2008 FZ1n-ABS, I have owned the bike for the past 6 years now & still enjoy every ride I do on it. It is at present tucked away in the garage awaiting the coming of Spring & the on coming better weather
I assume from the subject heading that you nodded off halfway through this post.  :z   :lol
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

slap

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - XS750 & GS750
    • View Profile
Re: Under Seat Space.!
« Reply #2 on: 08 January 2016, 07:19:01 pm »
Sorry I did write a full article but some how it's been cut down..! The question is that I have the FZ1n-ABS & it has an electrical unit under the rear seat where the tool kit would fit. Has anyone relocated this unit to make room for more under seat storage? I was thinking of moving the electrical unit to the side of the seat fairing & was wondering if anyone has done this mod?
..is that it...?