Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:49 am

Author Topic: ULEZ Compliancy  (Read 2385 times)

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
ULEZ Compliancy
« on: 05 April 2022, 09:14:10 pm »
I know that plenty of Gen 1 owners have successsfully received CoC certification without problem. However I completed the form this afternoon with relevent attached frame and engine numbers, and got a reply within hours to say it’s not ulez compliant. I thought all Gen 1’s had a NOX of 0.09 which is way below the ceiling of 0.15 required by TFL. It’s a 2005 and have owned from 8,000 miles. Any idea why I got the thumbs down.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Ripsnortingvtwin

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - cb750kz
    • View Profile
Re: ULEZ Compliancy
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2022, 09:06:58 am »
i had both of mine done so like me there loads of us on here that have done so , did you get the docs from yam ?

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2022, 10:49:26 am »
i had both of mine done so like me there loads of us on here that have done so , did you get the docs from yam ?
I completed the form that’s posted elsewhere on the forum, and within a few hours received an email saying it doesn’t comply. I’ve replied to that email saying loads of owners have received CoCs, and that the NOX level is below 0.15. Am waiting for a reply, hopefully I’m dealing with an idiot who hasn’t a clue about NOX levels, and that the situation can be resolved.

beuleux

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2022, 11:00:20 am »
I thought you just punched in your reg no online and it tells you yes or no immediately, or is that something else
*Disclaimer*
Nothing I say should in any way be taken as a good idea 😄

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2022, 02:21:07 pm »
I thought you just punched in your reg no online and it tells you yes or no immediately, or is that something else
That’s to find out if the vehicle complies, which at the moment mine doesn’t. However after getting a CoC from Yamaha, this will show a NOX reading that proves the bike does comply. Then a matter of informing TFL of the “evidence” and they will then update their records and all will be sweet.
Yamaha got back to me today full of apologies and are sending a link to make my payment to them. My 2005 has a NOX of 0.077g/km, way under the 0.15 limit, so happy days.

beuleux

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2022, 03:34:33 pm »
Ah TFL, that explains the balls up 😅
*Disclaimer*

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2022, 06:14:19 pm »
Yeah, make an official complaint. The person who delt with you clear needs a kick up the arse.

Ripsnortingvtwin

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - cb750kz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 April 2022, 08:11:45 pm »
i think its there end , i think so many of us are getting a pass they are fighting back , try again there wrong and your right

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 April 2022, 10:53:51 pm »
From reading it, looks like a Yamaha balls up to mee :rolleyes

« Last Edit: 06 April 2022, 10:55:37 pm by mtread »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 April 2022, 10:31:46 am »
From reading it, looks like a Yamaha balls up to mee :rolleyes

Exactly. :thumbup  It would appear the dept. at Yamaha, that handles CoC applications, have a central list of compliant Yamaha models, the FZS1000 and the S are not on it. So on receipt of my frame/engine number details, a minion has worked out what model they’re dealing with, checked the central list and decided there’s no point in supplying me with a CoC as the model is not compliant.
Having gained some knowledge on the subject from this forum, I was able to pursue the point and get them to check the details properly, resulting in success. Without the forum, and the knowledge gained from the experiences of others, especially Dazza, who was the trailblazer on the subject, I could be looking for a replacement bike, which is worrying. I’m asking Yamaha to update their “central list”, to avoid a similar situation which could result in someone getting rid of a perfectly good bike. It will no doubt take a phone call to get past the minion level in the Customer Services Coordinator After Sales Division.

FazThou

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 April 2022, 02:24:48 pm »
How did you get a CoC from yamaha ??
Any links to forms or was it online ?
Cheers

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 April 2022, 04:31:59 pm »
How did you get a CoC from yamaha ??
Any links to forms or was it online ?
Cheers
I'm still waiting for them to send me a link to make the payment. However I received an email today to say they are adding the FZS1000 and FZS1000S to their central list of compliant bikes, so no one should have any grief in the future. The person dealing with my application has only been in the job for 3 weeks, but could have caused me to get rid of a perfectly compliant bike. They are well aware of that situation now.
If you go to the FZS600 section, at the top there's a thread  titled ULEZ Test. The last post on that thread is a link to a further discussion on ULEZ. At the bottom of page 4 of that thread is a link directly to the Yamaha form, which is the one I completed. You'll need pics of your frame and engine numbers.
« Last Edit: 07 April 2022, 05:29:21 pm by robbo »

beuleux

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 April 2022, 05:01:25 pm »
This thread has made me check out my fz1 for compliance, fortunately its all good, I might want to go sightseeing one day. 👍
*Disclaimer*

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 April 2022, 08:16:45 pm »
This thread has made me check out my fz1 for compliance, fortunately its all good, I might want to go sightseeing one day. 👍

Well I'd don't sooner than later if I  were you because if Sado Kahn keeping going you won't be able to take even a bludy pushbike into central London without paying a ULEZ charge. He'll be taxing people for breathing out more than necessary soon 🙄🙈

beuleux

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 April 2022, 11:50:30 am »

Well I'd don't sooner than later if I  were you because if Sado Kahn keeping going you won't be able to take even a bludy pushbike into central London without paying a ULEZ charge. He'll be taxing people for breathing out more than necessary soon 🙄🙈
Tbh I'm also a bit concerned about getting kicked off my bike and stabbed, my wife wants me to take her sightseeing as she's never been there, i really can't stand public transport at the best of times only other option is to go mob handed was thinking of inviting my son and a couple of his mates to come along as we're a biking family
*Disclaimer*

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 08 April 2022, 02:55:44 pm »
CoC paid for, just waiting for it to drop through the letterbox. Next hurdle to negotiate will be TFL :eek

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 April 2022, 07:29:25 pm »

Tbh I'm also a bit concerned about getting kicked off my bike and stabbed, my wife wants me to take her sightseeing as she's never been there, i really can't stand public transport at the best of times only other option is to go mob handed was thinking of inviting my son and a couple of his mates to come along as we're a biking family

Haha its not that bad in London, especially riding a 10 year old Yamaha. Now if i were on a £25k+ Ducati or something then yeah I'd watch my back. Now I wouldnt dare park my bike anywhere but its quite safe to ride it around 😅 more likely to get a fine for speeding or jumping a red light than anything else 🙈

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 April 2022, 06:58:12 pm »
I’m asking Yamaha to update their “central list”, to avoid a similar situation which could result in someone getting rid of a perfectly good bike. It will no doubt take a phone call to get past the minion level in the Customer Services Coordinator After Sales Division.
Keep me posted on this, as I have been in-touch with Yamaha UK for various things for a while now including when I had to get my FZS1000 CoC'd.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 April 2022, 07:04:06 pm »
I’m asking Yamaha to update their “central list”, to avoid a similar situation which could result in someone getting rid of a perfectly good bike. It will no doubt take a phone call to get past the minion level in the Customer Services Coordinator After Sales Division.
Keep me posted on this, as I have been in-touch with Yamaha UK for various things for a while now including when I had to get my FZS1000 CoC'd.
Received my CoC yesterday. The dept. did say they were updating the central list to include FZS1000(S), which is their first point of reference, when ULEZ compliancy applications are made. Just got to sort out the TfL bit now.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 April 2022, 12:39:57 pm »
Received my CoC yesterday. The dept. did say they were updating the central list to include FZS1000(S), which is their first point of reference, when ULEZ compliancy applications are made. Just got to sort out the TfL bit now.
I have contacted my local london MAG to see if this is something they can chat to TfL directly about getting sped up.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 April 2022, 09:14:01 pm »
Robbo, you have a PM fella as I maybe able to help expedite the TfL side of things.
« Last Edit: 16 April 2022, 09:19:37 pm by b1k3rdude »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 April 2022, 05:17:26 pm »
Good service from TfL surprisingly. Uploaded the CoC and log book to my TfL account on Saturday, and received an email confirming compliancy this afternoon. Used the number plate checker to make sure all was ok :thumbup . Happy days.