Date: 22-05-24  Time: 11:23 am

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Dtatool DiGi display keeps blanking  (Read 899 times)

keratos

[SOLVED] Dtatool DiGi display keeps blanking
« on: 30 July 2014, 05:40:47 pm »
Was fitted to the bike when bought. Always been intermittent display. Unwrapped the amalgamated tape and checked all wires an d connections. Fine. No issues.
But darn thing keeps going off and on - randomly.There does not appear to be any wiring issues.Anyone had same problem.
p.s. I'd like to keep it, it is a tool or a distraction depending on personal preference; mine - it's a tool.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2014, 06:19:15 pm by keratos »

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Dtatatool DiGi display keeps blanking
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2014, 06:23:13 pm »
What is it meant to do when the clutch is pulled? There are situations where the revs to speed ratio doesn't match up to a gear ratio so I'd expect it to blank or give some sort of "readings invalid" indication. Does it do the same thing if one or other set of pulses is missing?
Either it's indicating a problem along those lines or the supply volts/earth is intermittent... or it's got an internal fault.

keratos

« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2014, 07:02:22 pm »
naturally I considered faulty wiring/connections and tested everything; no sooner had I wrapped it all up and surrounded it with self-amalgamating tape , it started playing up. there are no bad connections , all of which are taken from the back of the rev counter so I would expect the rev counter or other displays to faulter if there were wiring issues - which they do not.
must be a knackered unit. It didnt work when I got the bike and I had to reprogram it.
just another problem to add to the growing list.

keratos

« Reply #3 on: 01 August 2014, 01:50:18 pm »
got a new one from Amazon - luckly there was a listing for just the display - not "fitting kit" which consists of a crap plastic mount the size of stamp that falls off bikes and 4 plastic ties and a alcohol swab. Crap. So all I need is the display - I already have a bracket mount that the previous owner fitted. So the display cost £25.

Fitting later today.

keratos

« Reply #4 on: 01 August 2014, 06:05:03 pm »
Fitted and working fine. The other unit was obviously dudd.

I have pics if anyone wants me to do a HOWTO ??