Date: 31-05-24  Time: 04:25 am

Author Topic: Insurance Renewal  (Read 1640 times)

Tefer

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - FZS1000 2003
    • View Profile
Insurance Renewal
« on: 17 October 2011, 01:51:47 pm »
Well first renewal since changing the bike to a Fazer 600, my Insurance company Swinton Bikes are looking for £339 FC for the Fazer. My insurance on the ER last year was only £100. :groan

Shopped around using Tiger.co.uk, MCN Compare and managed to get a quote of £142 so Swinton will be getting told they even showed up at £146 and the renewal girl was like, we can match that!! I said na you had your chance to deal with it and you never came close.

Unfortunately the new bike has a bellypan fitted and an end can, if i declare this then the insurance is nearer £360 again FC, i could go down to TPFTand that would be £167. All i would really want is a price of what i paid for the bike i would not try to claim all the modifications as i never paid for them.

Thoughts

Four Wheels Moves The Body... Two Wheels Moves The Soul

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Insurance Renewal
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2011, 02:39:33 pm »
I have just had some fun with my car renewal. New car back in July and previously paid about £350 to insure the old one. Insurance renewal came through as £610 but the online comparison websitew with the same company was quoting £380 so I phoned them up.

Had to tell tehm about a claim teh Mrs had made first so they put their quote up to £750 :eek

I then asked about the online quote i had. Some bollocks response followed by a "yes we can match that". 50% off just for calling them. FFS.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance Renewal
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2011, 03:22:26 pm »
£142 fc with no mods and £360 fc with can and belly pan? tell em to foc off. get some more prices and shop around, most places wont up the price much if at all for just those two mods.

i have loads of mods on the 1000 everyone i told them about (eg race shock, upgraded forks, belly pan, full monty jet kit, ignition advance,affter market can and givi box. plus a load more) with some it was a couple quid more but most didnt care.