Date: 05-05-24  Time: 20:54 pm

Author Topic: Waterproof Summer Gloves With Sliders  (Read 1709 times)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Waterproof Summer Gloves With Sliders
« on: 30 April 2014, 07:43:39 pm »
Hiya fellas,

As per title really. Been looking all over but can't seem to find any summer gloves that are waterproof and have a palm slider - the palm slider is a must. I always run with 3 sets of gloves but have recently outed the existing winter & summers due to no palm sliders after fracturing my wrist (whilst ice skating  :lol  but its a similar fall reaction).

If any of you have any experience of brands I'd love to hear the feedback...... or any recommendations you may know of.

Looking to pay up to £100

Cheers in advance  :thumbup
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Waterproof Summer Gloves With Sliders
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2014, 08:47:09 pm »
I'm fed up with the lack of waterproof summer gloves, to fit the category they must be goretex in my head, so I've been thinking- why not get the goretex gloves available to cyclists but in large enough size to fit over decent motorbike gloves.
These aren't available at this sale price but you see what I'm thinking-
http://m.evanscycles.com/products/gore-bike-wear/countdown-gore-tex-gloves-ec016072
Some say...

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2014, 10:53:49 pm »
I'm fed up with the lack of waterproof summer gloves, to fit the category they must be goretex in my head, so I've been thinking- why not get the goretex gloves available to cyclists but in large enough size to fit over decent motorbike gloves.
These aren't available at this sale price but you see what I'm thinking-
http://m.evanscycles.com/products/gore-bike-wear/countdown-gore-tex-gloves-ec016072

Glad its just not me Stiggy - been pissing me off for years! But we could have an answer below

Knox Covert:

http://www.planet-knox.com/en/product/covert-leather-motorcycle-gloves/

You'll get a penny change from your £100:

http://www.ghostbikes.com/EN/products/On-Road-Gear-Motorcycle-Gloves/11203-0106-knox-covert-leather-waterproof-motorcycle-gloves.html

Pat, exactly what i'm after fella - if you were near then  :kiss .

They look great, have the protection I need and inside the budget yayyyyy! Top bloke, placing my order tonight

Many thanks Pat, much appreciated. :woot

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2014, 12:13:06 am »
Alpinestars gtx 365s - i find them thin enough to wear comfortably during summer? They get cold in winter, but i have heated grips and muffs so pretty much okay anyway really. Goretex lined, so 100% waterproof (had my hands in a bucket to test that when I bought them!), and mine are about 18 months old now and still going strong, so although expensive (although you can find them for about £100 if you search around, rather than the £160 odd rrp they are now), they're worth it IMO!

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2014, 12:24:33 am »
Cheers Joe, will have a scout round. :thumbup

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 May 2014, 04:21:38 pm »
any leather bike glove with the sliders (if wanted) then treat with neatsfoot oil and nik wax wax they become  waterproof as marigolds  ;)
"Dont confuse my personality with my attitude My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are..."