Date: 27-04-24  Time: 08:00 am

Author Topic: DROPPED BIKE - Any one got some naked pics  (Read 6310 times)

humphreys38

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
DROPPED BIKE - Any one got some naked pics
« on: 22 June 2015, 12:20:44 am »
Hey guys

So dropped my bike FZS 600 99 gold ......

The front fairing is all cracked, thinking of mayb converting to naked as new front fairing is a couple of hundred quid.

Wondered if any one has some pictures of conversions for ideas and advice on a head light and other thoughs?

Nightfury

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: DROPPED BIKE - Any one got some naked pics
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2015, 07:42:50 am »
Not finished yet. New digital clocks and personalised seat cover on their way. Plus a few other bits to do.
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

humphreys38

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2015, 10:01:56 am »
That looks a beauty mate, that looks like a later fazed, I wonder once I take the nose of will the clocks remains on by them selves or do they need modification in any way?

Nightfury

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2015, 10:11:08 am »
Thanks, I just made up 2 temporary brackets to hold the clocks on as they are being replaced this week with bar mounted digital ones. If you have a search you will find a few mounting ideas. The mot common seems to be using the bar riser bolts under the top yoke.

Mine is a 2000 model.
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

mr wayneker

• DAS Born Again
  • HAY HOO
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
WORK TO LIVE LIVE TO WORK

fatbloke62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2015, 05:16:15 pm »
Hi mate ,if your going down that route I've got a headlight complete off a Honda ntv  yours for the cost of postage

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2015, 11:18:40 pm »
Here's mine at lake Vrynwy during last weeks trip to Wales, camera is pretty old so resolution is crap when you zoom. Done quite a bit to my Fazer now and it rode superbly in Wales, the best / easiest trip I've done so far riding wise. Pulled up next to some blokes Tracer for comparison, nice bikes although the rear end is a bit weird and the front reminds me of an inflatable dolphin. I don't think I'd have one. I can take some better pics at some point if you like.

Forgot to add, going the naked route is only marginally cheaper if you want it to look at least half decent and still fully functioning. I did it because I damaged my fairing but had always planned to eventually make it a naked. Just a shame I couldn't reap back some money from selling the fairing like I planned. Bare minimum you will need headlight (£40 ish), brackets (£25 but depends what you go for, not all have indicator holes mine didn't so had to improvise), aluminium sheet (£5), some rubber trim (about £2), bolts (£5-10). Then ideally you need a screen to hide all the untidy bits and keep a bit of wind off, they actually make a big difference as well. I got one from ebay made by puig, it was £50 I think. Will take time and patience to fit and make all the parts for this and some basic mechanical knowledge, if you need the bike every day then it's a bit of a pain and I would recommend just replacing or repairing the fairing. There are 2 quite untidy areas that are left as well on the front corners of the frame above the engine which I am still not sure how I'm going to fill, something will need to be custom made again I think and it's beyond my skill. My point really is to save money / hassle going naked isn't your option, you have to actually want a naked fazer. Is it actually worth it? In my opinion yes, but others would say the classic fairing is timeless and instantly recognisable.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2015, 11:33:22 pm by Yamazer-92 »

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 June 2015, 11:28:25 pm »
I'm really sure you don't want to see my naked pics :eek :rollin
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

johnnymnemonic

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 August 2015, 08:57:49 pm »
Hi guys, I also own the silver version from 98 and thought about doing a naked conversion for a while.
I first thought about classic single- or double-headlight style but then i stumbled across a really intriguing post (it's in german, sorry):
  http://www.kradblatt.de/2013-11-02-09-27-53/fahrberichte/96-yamaha/1470-yamaha-fazer-600-umbau

@Yamazer-92: This guy also found some cover-pieces to hide the "untidy areas on the front corners of the frame above the engine"

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 August 2015, 09:02:50 pm »
You should be able to fix a crack easier than a conversion
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

riedrider

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - TDM850, BT1100, NTV650, R100R
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 August 2015, 09:21:11 pm »
(it's in german, sorry):
That´s very fine for me  :)
Normally I like more the conservative style with one round headlight. But this conversation has the advantage that this mighty headlight is a good balance to the rear end which is for me too dominant without front fairing.
Guenter

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 August 2015, 10:11:06 pm »
Thats nice, even using google translator it doesn't make much sense to me unfortunately but I would be interested in what he's used on the sides there to cover the corners of the frame and radiator. I prefer the single round headlight myself and those Koso speedos look a pain to wire in, but he has definitely done a nice and interesting job on his bike.

riedrider

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - TDM850, BT1100, NTV650, R100R
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 August 2015, 10:45:50 pm »
I don´t need the translator  :)
But even for me it is not clear what side parts he used.
He writes that he used a  fairing from the successor which should be the FZ6. But the FZ6 looks different. You can find aftermarket side covers for the FZ6 if you use the google picture search but those I found look different.
Later he writes that he found some "GFK" parts which means "glass fibre reinforced plastics" parts.
Parts made from this kind of material are typically aftermarket parts. But he gives no more hints from which supplier and for which bike the parts are.
« Last Edit: 21 August 2015, 11:00:01 pm by riedrider »
Guenter

Price0129

• Cager in Training
  • The black grouse
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 August 2015, 01:47:41 pm »

There you go.
Nick

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 22 August 2015, 07:07:15 pm »
Somebody has posted for sale it was £1000 asking price Gold Yellow naked conversion it was with single headlight from FZ6N or FZ1N I beleive - the best looking naked bike I have seen ever!

I think he has used this headlight and has covered the holes left from the fairing on the sides with custom simple black painted sheets of metal with Yellow Yamaha logos in the middle - it was perfect, I hope somebidy can provide the link again!

« Last Edit: 22 August 2015, 07:17:00 pm by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.