Date: 17-05-24  Time: 15:23 pm

Author Topic: Newbie on an FZ6  (Read 990 times)

mash

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Newbie on an FZ6
« on: 04 July 2012, 10:16:13 pm »
Hi all. 

Just new to the forum, and to biking in the UK really.  Had a Royal Enfield ("often sick, never fatal") for a couple of years in India a few years ago, and now back on the saddle with a Fazer.  I commute from Sheffield to Buxton and back every day (sorry if I pass you every day, no offence meant - unless you happen to be that blue BMW driver, in which case chuff off and leave me alone). 

I came looking for tyre info, and think after reading, I'm going for a set of Michelin Road Pilot 2's unless you tell me not to! 

I wanted to put a gratuitous photo of my bike here too, but it's really dirty after the rains this week and Ruttager's R1 photos in an earlier thread look so cool I got intimidated, so I cutsied up the photo instead.  (That's not me in the photo by the way).

Great, cheers.

Matt

spoonlamp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie on an FZ6
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2012, 10:36:49 pm »
Great pic! Welcome!  :D

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2012, 08:27:07 pm »
Hello, welcome and nice bike.

My bike is due a new back tyre (all squared off with motorway mileage), currently planning putting a Conti Road Attack 2 on in place of the BT-020 thats on now.

mash

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2012, 10:24:38 pm »
Yeah I have BT-021s which I guess aren't dissimilar, but the back is also squared off and the (newish) front is wearing really unevenly.  The right hand side, just side of centre is really wearing, but the left hand side is almost like new.  Either time for a total change or I'll just turn left for the next 2k miles.....I'll look into Conti Road Attacks a bit more closely, they get some good reviews, cheers.