Date: 30-04-24  Time: 20:17 pm

Author Topic: mt-09 tracer  (Read 26438 times)

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Re: mt-09 tracer
« Reply #50 on: 10 February 2015, 06:00:20 pm »
Reminds me of one of these for some reason. :P
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10 February 2015, 06:24:00 pm »
I think I see what you mean

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

acid drop

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Yamaha MT-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 10 February 2015, 07:29:58 pm »
Ok, this morning my Yammy dealer phoned and said I have a low seat for the 09 tracer, do you want a test ride yes says I so I took the tracer out for a 10 mile jaunt and did not like it at all it did not feel as if I was in control , told the dealer I thought the bike was crap, oh dear he said would you like to try the 09 naked version ok says I, well a mile up the road this bike felt great so I continued for 20 miles and returned to the dealer with a big smile on my face , after a bit of a haggle I have ordered a new MT 09 naked and got a good part ex for my 08 Fazer which I've had from new , so in march I will have a 15 plate 09 in time for some summer fun.

I take it you're bloggsy on the mt site?

You are going to love the MT mate, it'll blow you away time after time after having an FZ6 :)

Absolutely correct

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 09 April 2015, 04:07:18 pm »
Well, had my MT09 TRACER for 3 weeks now, broke it in as per the manual (well, kind of ) and had the first service done in time for easter, loving the feel of a brand new bike ( my first brand new bike since my VFR 750 in 1989 ) and its shown up just how tired my beloved old boxeye Fazer was ( nothing a bit of tlc couldnt of sorted, but I just couldnt turn away the chance to buy the Tracer )
the engine is lovely and torquey and the whole bike is bloody quick, it handles well ( for me anyway, im no boy racer but I do like to make progress to my limitations and comfort level ) . Im loving the sound of the triple, always liked hearing the Triumph Tigers go past me when im out walking the dog and the exhaust has a nice 'thrump'to it, id love to stick the offical Akrapovic on the bike but untill I get another job I carnt justify the grand it costs !! 
It is a tall'ish bike, but im 5 foot 11 and can flat foot it on  level ground as standard, its nimble round car parks etc and it doesnt have the on/off f/i that appears to have affected the old mt 09
BUT theres a limited recall over a bad batch of gear shift shafts, I appear to have been lucky and not been involved in the recall. Yet.
overall, well pleased I had the courage to go for the new bike and id recommend anyone thinking about trying one to book a test ride-sadly they are selling far to well so theres a waiting list and a back log on all the after market add ons available from/through Yamaha but hopefully this will get sorted
only down side, the American forum for the Tracer isnt half as fun as this one is, far to bloody serious some of them !!