Date: 22-05-24  Time: 15:23 pm

Author Topic: Replace/Repair Ignition Barrell?  (Read 908 times)

Timbollew

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Replace/Repair Ignition Barrell?
« on: 18 July 2014, 03:21:59 pm »
So I had my bike booked or an MOT. Went out just to check lights and stuff, and noticed that some of the lights weren't working.

Sidelights nothing front or rear. Checked the bulbs but thought unlikely for all three to go. Checked for voltage at bulb holders - nothing. Looked under tank and no visibly loose connections undid them and clicked back in. I checked the continuity from the large white connector under tank to the front bulb holder and that was fine. Couldn't identify where the connector was for the rear holders. Checked the fuses that I know of under the seat.

Please someone tell me there's a secret fuse or something I really don't want to have to pull all the wiring out.

Any help be appreciated.
« Last Edit: 18 July 2014, 11:49:42 pm by Timbollew »

Timbollew

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Sidelight Troubles
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2014, 08:05:28 pm »
Well problem solved but not fixed. After staring at the wiring diagram for a long time and testing continiuity I decided the problem had to be at the ignition switch.

Handlebars off, yoke off. straight away I seen the wire that feeds the sidelight is hanging out of the ignition.

The issue now is that all u really want to do is open that ignition up and resolder the connection but it's all sealed :(

Anybody know how to open it up, or if not how the hell do I undo those security nuts at the bottom?!

Timbollew

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Replace/Repair Ignition Barrell?
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2014, 04:16:05 pm »
Anyone breaking their bike and have a working ignition barrell? Also I'm in need of the RH switchgear, the one with kill switch.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.