General > General

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

(1/9) > >>

fazerscotty:
I've just been to see a Doctor. They think (LOL) that following 40 years of motorcycling (and a couple of accidents) that I may have developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my left wrist.  :eek

What effect will this have on my riding in the future? I know that several regular contributors on here have had similar diagnosis - what mods have you found eases the symptom's on your Fazer?

TIA

agricola:
I fitted a Magura hydraulic clutch system to mine, and had carpal tunnel relief surgery in both wrists now. Have the surgery, its only minor at outpatients, should be good for the rest of your natural then

darrsi:
I've had 2 similar ops on my right hand.
One for Carpal Tunnel which is just above your wrist on the lowest part of your hand palm.
Also had another on the inside of my wrist at the bottom end of my thumb, but I can't remember what that one was called? I was awake when they did that one.

Both really helped with the pain, but good luck getting it sorted at the moment, there is a rather large queue for op's right now.

The pain won't go away so really does need to be sorted.

fazerscotty:

--- Quote from: agricola on 19 December 2022, 04:04:09 pm ---I fitted a Magura hydraulic clutch system to mine, and had carpal tunnel relief surgery in both wrists now. Have the surgery, its only minor at outpatients, should be good for the rest of your natural then

--- End quote ---

That's got me thinking........

Thanks

fazerscotty:

--- Quote from: darrsi on 19 December 2022, 05:46:41 pm ---I've had 2 similar ops on my right hand.
One for Carpal Tunnel which is just above your wrist on the lowest part of your hand palm.
Also had another on the inside of my wrist at the bottom end of my thumb, but I can't remember what that one was called? I was awake when they did that one.

Both really helped with the pain, but good luck getting it sorted at the moment, there is a rather large queue for op's right now.

The pain won't go away so really does need to be sorted.

--- End quote ---

There's always a long queue for ops - I waited 2 years to have a blood clot removed from my leg!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version