Date: 21-05-24  Time: 18:29 pm

Author Topic: Parking/Speeding ticket  (Read 3377 times)

Tori

• Tent Pole Erector / Truck Hunter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Parking/Speeding ticket
« on: 01 February 2012, 01:30:03 pm »
Am I right in saying, If you get a nip, you have two weeks to be issued with it, or it's invalid? Is it the same with parking tickets? I had a slight altercation with a traffic warden two weeks ago, who advised me I would be 'getting a ticket in the mail'. Two weeks later...nothing...

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM SD 990, CBR600FS, CB500
    • View Profile
Re: Parking/Speeding ticket
« Reply #1 on: 01 February 2012, 01:41:29 pm »
pretty sure it is two weeks, although there'll be a 'reasonable' amount of over-run to account for any difficulties with the post, you might have to wait a few more days before you're in the clear...
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2012, 09:50:21 pm »
Depends if it was a police warden or not. If it is not a police warden, they have to request the owners details from DVLA and that can take time. mIf it was a police warden, they just report you for something and you get the bits through the post. Not sure about the 2 weeks for a parking ticket, but it is correct for a speeding ticket.

Have a look at Pepipoo as I am sure someone there will have the answer. I would ask myself, but got banned from the site for telling some pillock to stop being a tw@t becasue he was looking for loopholes to get out of his speeding conviction after he admitted he was "going well in excess of 100mph" in a 50 or something like that :rollin
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Pat

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 February 2012, 11:28:19 pm »
A Nip is Notice of Intention to Prosecute, ie. it's you being informed that you're being reported for a motoring offence & as such it can be written or verbal.  The written one is typically sent when you've not been stopped & talked to by plod at the time of the alleged offence eg. getting flashed by a speed camera, whereas if you got pulled by a live copper & he didn't offer you a fixed penalty option, & told you that you were being reported for speeding then that is the NIP delivered.

So, from what you say happened, the Traffic Warden has delivered the NIP already.

Of course the above applies to coppers & 'proper' motoring offences, I've no idea if Traffic Wardens have the same rights & restrictions as the police & as mentioned in the previous post there are also different types of wardens & I doubt they all have the same level of authority.

Probably just another little Hitler gobbing off because you've disrespected his overblown sense of power, I wouldn't worry about it to be honest.

Tori

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2012, 09:10:43 am »
It was two traffic wardens. It was also a fair cop, but I was annoyed as one said they'd been stood by my car for ten minutes, which was clearly a lie as I'd only been there 2. Hence I drove off and told them to post it to me. It's two weeks today and I've heard nothing....long may this continue!! ;-) Thanks.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: 02 February 2012, 05:47:11 pm »
two minutes to a woman though.............. :pokefun

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 February 2012, 07:08:54 pm »
Were you cautioned, as in, "you do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence, etc"?  If you were, that is the NIP.  If you weren't you will get one in the post.  The 14 day rule applies to speeding but I'm not 100% sure it applies to parking but as long as it is posted no later than the 13th day, it is deemed to have been served within 14 days.

Tori

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 February 2012, 10:39:29 am »
It came today....along with some pretty pictures of my car, including the inside!! I think I should complain about the invasion of my privacy :lol
£35 if I pay it within 14 days....Booooo!!!

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: 03 February 2012, 11:03:18 am »
Is it a Police ticket, a council ticket or a private firm?

Who it is from makes a difference!

Ghoti

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph Speed4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 February 2012, 12:27:21 pm »

If that is 14 days from the "criminal law breaking activity" that you partook in  :pokefun , then wasn't time up 2 days ago?  When is the ticket dated?

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM SD 990, CBR600FS, CB500
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 February 2012, 01:25:04 pm »
It came today....along with some pretty pictures of my car, including the inside!! I think I should complain about the invasion of my privacy :lol

if it's a local authority ticket you're prob better off just paying it now, if it's a private firm tho, as BBROWN1664 suggests, you might just tell them to eff off...

bummer, tho 35 squid isn't as bad as it could have been(?)
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

MarchRide

• Big Lump o' Sex
    Prefers his pussies ginger!
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 February 2012, 02:53:39 pm »
£35 for parking ain't too bad. 
Went to an afternoon film in Bishops Stortford a few sundays ago. Parked in the same car park we use in the evenings. There's me thinking sunday afternoon, free parking. Came out after the film, £50 ticket.!!

Tori

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 February 2012, 03:16:50 pm »
It's from my local council. Ghoti...ooo harsh! It's true...I am a bad Tori :(  :lol

As I said, it was a fair cop, it's just the warden was so rude! I have no dispute in paying it. It's dated 2/2/12, so it's two weeks from that date I think.

Timmy....bummer!!