Date: 27-04-24  Time: 16:30 pm

Author Topic: why fazer owners club unofficial?  (Read 40291 times)

StealthLeprechaun

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: why fazer owners club unofficial?
« Reply #150 on: 25 January 2013, 02:53:58 pm »
If I didn´t have Andy on fb I would really miss the M&G section. Wonder if there´s some foccers thinking who are all these new people coming in acting like they own the place even though they´ve got hardly any posts.

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 25 January 2013, 03:19:47 pm »
Foc me looks like there been a mass break out from the Foc-U old faces home :rollin

strong smell of piss lots of inane rambling and dribbling,

Got to be time to bring back Moans and Groans to give to old foccers somewhere to go rant at each other  ;)

The only good thing to come out of this! ;)

The old guard need to stop complaining about how things have changed from the good old days and start posting regularly again! If you think it's changed then it's because you's are reading and not posting like you used to. The site only exits because of content posted by the users and without the newer members making their contributions it would have gone very quiet indeed. I'd say to anyone who feels like they're not part of the site anymore especially the foocers from the early days just get posting again! It's not a them and us scenario we're all foccers!

wannafazer

• Hornet post whore
  • GP Hero
  • Frasers bitch !
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Foc-U
« Reply #152 on: 25 January 2013, 03:23:06 pm »
Yeh, it's a great site and I'm sure many of the old guard still view it with affection, as I do.
The only real Fazer is a carbed 600.

theboydougie

• Fuds or spuds he ain't fussy
    Jan 09
    Joint winner Feb 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Hover Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 25 January 2013, 03:27:08 pm »
Positively reeking of stale urine!

I would also like fir the spring meet to stop falling on the weekend of my first born's birthday. Not at all handy  ;)

GringoRojo

• Otter baiting foccer
    FOC-U Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
    Aug 08
    Oct 08
    Sept 09
  • GP Hero
  • a Doonhamer in exile
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger800XC
    • View Profile
    • a two wheeled charity ride without engines
« Reply #154 on: 25 January 2013, 03:44:46 pm »
time for a sidecar Dougie?

StealthLeprechaun

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 25 January 2013, 03:51:00 pm »
Or would it not have been easier for Gill to keep her legs crossed at the time? Or maybe it´s time foccin weekenders also had a creche.

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 25 January 2013, 03:52:23 pm »
Foc me looks like there been a mass break out from the Foc-U old faces home :rollin

strong smell of piss lots of inane rambling and dribbling,

Got to be time to bring back Moans and Groans to give to old foccers somewhere to go rant at each other  ;)

The only good thing to come out of this! ;)

The old guard need to stop complaining about how things have changed from the good old days and start posting regularly again! If you think it's changed then it's because you's are reading and not posting like you used to. The site only exits because of content posted by the users and without the newer members making their contributions it would have gone very quiet indeed. I'd say to anyone who feels like they're not part of the site anymore especially the foocers from the early days just get posting again! It's not a them and us scenario we're all foccers!
:agree People come back, post for a while until someone disagrees with them and it's all "do you know who I am" before flouncing off :rollin

Hamos

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 25 January 2013, 05:02:53 pm »
FOC-U all

wannafazer

• Hornet post whore
  • GP Hero
  • Frasers bitch !
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Foc-U
« Reply #158 on: 25 January 2013, 05:29:27 pm »

before flouncing off :rollin

Oi ! I have never cyber flounced !

Do you know who I am ? :pokefun

Sunny Intervals

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 25 January 2013, 05:49:04 pm »
time for a sidecar Dougie?

I'm sure Gill would prefer her own Trike  ;)

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 25 January 2013, 05:56:33 pm »
I'm not a flouncer, I'm a flouncee
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
Re: why Fazer Owners Club Unofficial?
« Reply #161 on: 25 January 2013, 06:13:36 pm »
One of the old foc-u-ers here (probably the oldest in fact?)   :\

In the wonderful world of Sports Diving there is a simple rule about 'counting' things .. or more accurately Things Counting.

Any Dive that a Sports Diver wants to be officially accepted and have 'signed up' in their book as a real dive (as required for some grades of qualification) has to be Deeper Than and Longer Than (The Depth and Time are not important here) Basically just dunking your head under and blowing a few bubbles ain't accepted as a dive  :rolleyes .

Of course .. over on the other hand .. in Military and Commercial Diving .. the objective reads more like:  'Get in, go down, do the job, come up and get out' chop chop .. everything kept as simple as it can be cos it ain't sport.   

Moving over back into the warm here .. lots of you guys are very obviously 'Post Number Collectors' .. some often posting just one line, one word and in some cases just a single full stop  :( .  It gets you another number .. bit like kids out spotting Eddy Stobart Trucks.

Of course .. it goes without saying that without posts there would not be the very live and active group we have here today. The other main FZS Group is very sadly now on down it's knees and gasping for air.. mainly because most of the members are holding onto some dick in the piss queue and not posting anything at all .. ever.

The very sad fact is that in 2006 Mr Yam dropped a biggy and the Gen1 1000cc Bikes are no longer made and that all the questions, answers, mods and a few moans have been covered (at least ten times over) This means there is really not a lot left to say about FZS 1000s .. but amazingly it is still the best ever all rounder out there! 

This group survives very well indeed because of all the extra 'social networking' type stuff, all the games and competitions, etc. Much of that really has nothing to do with any Bike or Biking .. but I'm told it's good to talk! 

So .. you bods banging on about your amazingly 'high number of posts' holds no water for me .. I've been here for years too and I have no idea what my 'post count' is .. who cares?  I might take a wee look in a minute right after I've had another leak  :o .

So .. lets wind this one up shall we .. I for one don't like the F*** You handle .. I never have .. my choice. It's no big deal I accepted it long ago and lived with it longer than a lot of you.  I also think that 'posting' one word or whatever is a bit Naff (I've no idea where I get all these modern words from  :\   bloody kids!)

So .. I recon a 'Post' should be a Post .. something to read and consider .. not just a 'Naff Nod for a Number'. 

There ya go then .. kick that one to death for a week .. or maybe two .. it'll be really good for your count. But do try to do it quietly .. some of us need our sleep   :z   

Y'all Stay Safe Guys.

Trev   (Er .. I think  :\ )     The Polar Bear in Spain

« Last Edit: 25 January 2013, 06:31:04 pm by purplebear7 »

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 25 January 2013, 06:22:03 pm »
WTF You used to be able to leave they keys in your door round here and still have a telly in the morning....flipping newbies sheesh! :pokefun
The Frying Scotsman

wannafazer

• Hornet post whore
  • GP Hero
  • Frasers bitch !
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Foc-U
« Reply #163 on: 25 January 2013, 07:09:47 pm »
Hi Trev

I do recognise your user name so have no doubt that you've been around a bit. Not sure it's fair calling any of the guys and gals who timewarped into this thread post counters to be honest.

Most of the, indeed, high post counts are a result of many years of being on the forum and probably very little have been added in the past couple of years. A lot of the "post counters" did more than their share of organising, helping, contributing to the success of the forum.

As for changing the name I think it would be a sad day, though I take the points offered for it, the internet has changed and it is a bit more sanitised than it used to be so maybe it's right to question if FOC-U is offensive, personally I don't think it is.

I too, mourn the passing of the Fazer thou, but in all honesty the forum was built on the back of the 600, the thou owners only ever had a small caged off area, and they were generally left alone, apart from being poked with a stick every now and then.

I'm not a prolific poster any more, not analysed why to be honest, I guess things just change, the internet certainly has, but I suppose if I had to sum it up, FOC-U is a forum I am a member of, in times gone by FOC-U was the motorcycle club I belonged to. I think thats the difference, if I've managed to makes sense with that ?

However, I had a question about touring and I never thought for minute about posting it anywhere other than here, and I got the helpful reply's I knew I would get,so, as far as I'm concerned long live FOC-U, whatever form it takes.

Les

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 25 January 2013, 07:43:23 pm »
There is a lot posted on this thread.  Has anyone read it all?  A skim read includes flounce a lot so wondering if I'm in the right place.  I thought all the flouncing was in the past and there were no flouncers left. 

A think a side effect of over-fishing ;)

wannafazer

• Hornet post whore
  • GP Hero
  • Frasers bitch !
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Foc-U
« Reply #165 on: 25 January 2013, 07:45:45 pm »

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: why Fazer Owners Club Unofficial?
« Reply #166 on: 25 January 2013, 07:46:30 pm »
One of the old foc-u-ers here (probably the oldest in fact?)   :\

In the wonderful world of Sports Diving there is a simple rule about 'counting' things .. or more accurately Things Counting.

Any Dive that a Sports Diver wants to be officially accepted and have 'signed up' in their book as a real dive (as required for some grades of qualification) has to be Deeper Than and Longer Than (The Depth and Time are not important here) Basically just dunking your head under and blowing a few bubbles ain't accepted as a dive  :rolleyes .

Of course .. over on the other hand .. in Military and Commercial Diving .. the objective reads more like:  'Get in, go down, do the job, come up and get out' chop chop .. everything kept as simple as it can be cos it ain't sport.   

Moving over back into the warm here .. lots of you guys are very obviously 'Post Number Collectors' .. some often posting just one line, one word and in some cases just a single full stop  :( .  It gets you another number .. bit like kids out spotting Eddy Stobart Trucks.

Of course .. it goes without saying that without posts there would not be the very live and active group we have here today. The other main FZS Group is very sadly now on down it's knees and gasping for air.. mainly because most of the members are holding onto some dick in the piss queue and not posting anything at all .. ever.

The very sad fact is that in 2006 Mr Yam dropped a biggy and the Gen1 1000cc Bikes are no longer made and that all the questions, answers, mods and a few moans have been covered (at least ten times over) This means there is really not a lot left to say about FZS 1000s .. but amazingly it is still the best ever all rounder out there! 

This group survives very well indeed because of all the extra 'social networking' type stuff, all the games and competitions, etc. Much of that really has nothing to do with any Bike or Biking .. but I'm told it's good to talk! 

So .. you bods banging on about your amazingly 'high number of posts' holds no water for me .. I've been here for years too and I have no idea what my 'post count' is .. who cares?  I might take a wee look in a minute right after I've had another leak  :o .

So .. lets wind this one up shall we .. I for one don't like the F*** You handle .. I never have .. my choice. It's no big deal I accepted it long ago and lived with it longer than a lot of you.  I also think that 'posting' one word or whatever is a bit Naff (I've no idea where I get all these modern words from  :\   bloody kids!)

So .. I recon a 'Post' should be a Post .. something to read and consider .. not just a 'Naff Nod for a Number'. 

There ya go then .. kick that one to death for a week .. or maybe two .. it'll be really good for your count. But do try to do it quietly .. some of us need our sleep   :z   

Y'all Stay Safe Guys.

Trev   (Er .. I think  :\ )     The Polar Bear in Spain

Who is counting their post numbers and boasting about it and just putting up full stops? I can't see anyone doing that.

As for the "extra social networking type stuff" just look at any forum and it has bike specific areas and general section areas and this forum is no different. The fzs 1000 section and the fzs 600 section are both dedicated to individual models of bike and nothing else and they're still very busy so what's the problem?

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 25 January 2013, 07:51:28 pm »
There is a lot posted on this thread.  Has anyone read it all?  A skim read includes flounce a lot so wondering if I'm in the right place.  I thought all the flouncing was in the past and there were no flouncers left. 

A think a side effect of over-fishing ;)

basically it was a whole load of hupla over nothing

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #168 on: 25 January 2013, 08:08:38 pm »
I recon a 'Post' should be a Post .. something to read and consider .. not just a 'Naff Nod for a Number'. 

+1

;)

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 25 January 2013, 08:12:47 pm »
Love the diving analogy,,,,

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 25 January 2013, 08:13:23 pm »
....  :lol

Dooks

• Fat Free Big Dingle Lezza
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Yamaha MT 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 25 January 2013, 09:08:37 pm »

Looney tune

• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 25 January 2013, 09:09:35 pm »
I'm Sparticus

Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 25 January 2013, 09:26:36 pm »
765 :lol

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 25 January 2013, 09:32:34 pm »
I think some of the newer members need to get off their virtual arses and organise some meets ,frankly us old guard are sick of sorting everything.  ;) 
Its just a ride