Date: 24-04-24  Time: 04:47 am

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 220314 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #2075 on: 05 February 2019, 08:57:05 pm »
If Nissan point to brexit as one of the factors and its actually more expensive to build in Japan then why don't they move to France or somewhere   
The problem is they don't know the future cost of manufacture at Sunderland.  They have no idea what the pound will do, and no idea what their market access will be.  BREXIT is a disaster.   Right now they need to tool up a new line which is a major investment.  Without certainty they won't do that.

But this is what you guys voted for.

You did not answer my question, if you don't know then that's fine.
I think just like some others they are using brexit as a "cover story" didn't the UK give Nissan incentives £££ ? government investment to bring them here. So me thinks they have wanted out for a while but it would look bad on them after the tax payer part funded their move here ( fact check needed ) so brexit provides them with a perfect cover story to do something they have wanted to do.   
And his quote was "the continued uncertainty around the UK's future relationship with the EU is not helping companies like ours to plan for the future". That is not him saying it is Brexit.
And the continued uncertainty IMO is wholey down to the remainers constantly trying to frustrate, postpone, cancel, - do anything they can to disrupt brexit. If they got onboard with the majority vote from the start there be no "uncertainty".     
« Last Edit: 05 February 2019, 08:58:05 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: 05 February 2019, 09:04:44 pm »

Not a question I can answer.  Why not ask Mr De Ficchy.  Oh wait a minute, you don’t believe him.
And his quote was "the continued uncertainty around the UK's future relationship with the EU is not helping companies like ours to plan for the future". That is not him saying it is Brexit.
Well what the fuck do you think he was saying? :lol   Jesus Christ! :eek

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: 05 February 2019, 09:10:04 pm »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: 05 February 2019, 09:47:22 pm »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: 05 February 2019, 09:59:50 pm »

And the continued uncertainty IMO is wholey down to the remainers constantly trying to frustrate, postpone, cancel, - do anything they can to disrupt brexit. If they got onboard with the majority vote from the start there be no "uncertainty".     

No it’s the Irish border stupid.  David Cameron never gave it a thought.  He didn’t think he’d win a majority, and therefore his potential continuing coalition partners and/or opposition would block it.  And if he did win a majority (which again he really didn’t think he would), then the country would never be daft enough to vote to leave the EU.  Donald Tusk told him he was stupid, and not to do it.  But DC did it, and it all went wrong. 

But you guys bought into Farage, Johnston, Gove and Jacob Rees Mogg – well done; ;)
There is no plan for no deal, because we’re going to get a great deal
– Boris Johnston 11-07-17

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: 05 February 2019, 10:54:00 pm »
And the continued uncertainty IMO is wholey down to the remainers constantly trying to frustrate, postpone, cancel, - do anything they can to disrupt brexit.
That is just rediculous. It's all about Brexiteers frustrating a deal. DUP Brexiteers don't want a different deal between NI and GB. Tory Brexiteers don't want the same deal between UK and Eire. The two are mutually incompatible. That's why she can't get a deal and is using No Deal as a bluff. That's May's problem. Nothing to do with Remain.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: 05 February 2019, 10:59:32 pm »
I see May is suggesting the government would back a joint UK/Eire bid for the FIFA World Cup. She is clearly getting desperate, and doesn't realise that would consist of 5 footballing host nations bidding, not 2.

Clueless  :rolleyes

john roche

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000, vfr750
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: 06 February 2019, 12:44:21 am »
Why shouldn't 'the remainers constantly trying to frustrate, postpone, cancel, - do anything they can to disrupt brexit'? 

I see no reason to make it easier for this country to make probably one of biggest mistakes in its history.

Cheers

John
« Last Edit: 06 February 2019, 12:45:23 am by john roche »
The devil made me do it!

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: 06 February 2019, 05:54:36 am »

The biggest mistake this country made was voting to join the Common Market 40 odd years ago. Should have been named the Conman market or the Federal States of Europe So we all knew what that yes vote would lead too :eek a dictatorship from Brussels some 40 odd years later.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: 06 February 2019, 07:40:43 am »
This is why we're leaving!
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: 06 February 2019, 07:41:44 am »
This is the result- a sinking ship!
« Last Edit: 06 February 2019, 07:43:45 am by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: 06 February 2019, 07:59:20 am »

Why shouldn't 'the remainers constantly trying to frustrate, postpone, cancel, - do anything they can to disrupt brexit'? 

Cheers

John

Refreshingly honest for a Remainer.

Cheers

YamFazFan

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: 06 February 2019, 08:03:30 am »

If Nissan point to brexit as one of the factors and its actually more expensive to build in Japan then why don't they move to France or somewhere   

The decline in diesel fuelled car sales and the new Euro emission standard is Europe-wide.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: 06 February 2019, 10:23:10 am »

Not a question I can answer. 

Which roughly translates to...'I could, but the real answer isn't the one I want to give'  :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: 06 February 2019, 04:37:11 pm »
 So Tusk lets his true hatred of those who would DARE to leave the EU, he says they deserve 'special place in hell'. I think it looks like he is feeling the pressure of seeing that £39billion slipping out of his hands. And we did say the other day that the EU is almost like cult and Tusk has just confirmed it. Who in their right mind would want to be ruled by people like that.   

[/color]eu cult 810x810

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: 06 February 2019, 04:45:58 pm »
I would. Better than the idiots we've got running this country at the moment.
Tusk's comments are hilarious and well deserved. The reaction to it is even funnier. When you look back at the comments made about EU leaders by Johnson and Farage, it's quite mild.
So you Leavers without a plan..... you can all go to hell  :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: 06 February 2019, 05:17:59 pm »
Was Tusk's speech after dinner?. They live high on the hog in Brussels and I wondered if he'd been at the VSOP a bit much along with you know who ;) .

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: 06 February 2019, 05:54:18 pm »
So Tusk lets his true hatred of those who would DARE to leave the EU, he says they deserve 'special place in hell'. I think it looks like he is feeling the pressure of seeing that £39billion slipping out of his hands. And we did say the other day that the EU is almost like cult and Tusk has just confirmed it. Who in their right mind would want to be ruled by people like that.   

Totally agree. He's shown his true colours. It's an absolute gift to the Leave cause :) . You either Remain in the cult or you can go to hell. What a foolish thing to say. I bet he's regretting it now.

Hope he doesn't retract it. That might mitigate some of the damage he's done to the credibility of the EU :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: 06 February 2019, 06:06:37 pm »
bet he's regretting it now.
Bet he's not  :evil  About time somebody stirred things up try to get us off this merry-go-round farce.
So..........  exactly what is the plan?

john roche

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000, vfr750
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: 06 February 2019, 06:11:34 pm »
He's right, where are Johnson, Farage and Gove now?

Cheers

John

The devil made me do it!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: 06 February 2019, 06:14:04 pm »

The decline in diesel fuelled car sales and the new Euro emission standard is Europe-wide.

See my post #2067.  Car sales are down - period, and there’s nothing new about Euro 6.  And if I was replacing my car tomorrow, well I’d buy a diesel, cannot see any reason why I shouldn’t.

Which roughly translates to...'I could, but the real answer isn't the one I want to give'  :lol
I’m not Mr Nissan.  We are though opening the door and giving Japan an excuse to bring it’s car manufacturing home.  Now that Japan has a free trade deal with the EU, what do you suppose ordinary people in Japan would like their car companies to do.

No he’s just letting his frustration with the childish and stupid UK show.  We are behaving like absolute idiots.
I bet he's regretting it now.
It’s about time somebody spelled it out.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: 06 February 2019, 06:15:44 pm »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: 06 February 2019, 06:33:35 pm »
He's right, where are Johnson, Farage and Gove now?

Cheers

John
Maintaining a dignified silence and letting Tusk's poorly chosen words damage the EU's cause all on their own hopefully :lol

Cheers 

YamFazFan

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: 06 February 2019, 06:47:34 pm »
Farage right now is on his LBC show - as he is every week day 6-7pm

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: 06 February 2019, 06:56:14 pm »

And if I was replacing my car tomorrow, well I’d buy a diesel, cannot see any reason why I shouldn’t.

Because your local city will be very soon charging you to drive in to town in a diesel. In Scotland, the major cities of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee are planning to introduce Low Emission Zones within the next year.Changes to vehicle excise duty rates introduced in April 2018 are part of a raft of measures hitting diesel drivers.
Although diesels produce 15% less CO2 than petrol cars, they emit four times more nitrogen dioxide (NO2) as well 22 times more particulate matter or PM – tiny particles that penetrate the brain, lungs and heart.I think you have been sniffing your own diesel fumes.