Date: 18-04-24  Time: 15:09 pm

Author Topic: after my accident 4 weeks a go  (Read 1604 times)

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
after my accident 4 weeks a go
« on: 17 October 2014, 05:54:22 pm »
my insurance company has written my bike off, they are going to put as a cat D, anyway what I didn't notice was the chain guard was ripped off at the front bracket, and because of that I have to get an engineers report and a new MOT. the car did not hit the swinging arm but the footrest did when it broke off swinging around hitting the chain guard and breaking off the chain guard bracket at the front. I am not going to fight the offer from them as they gave me a good offer for my bike.
« Last Edit: 17 October 2014, 05:55:20 pm by solorider »

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
Re: after my accident 4 weeks a go
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2014, 06:57:34 pm »
Hope you are alright and not too financially out of pocket? It doesnt take  much apparent damage for them to write a vehicle off. Hope you will get a good replacement soon. Beware the Cagers! :eek

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2014, 08:25:26 pm »
Hope you are alright and not too financially out of pocket? It doesnt take  much apparent damage for them to write a vehicle off. Hope you will get a good replacement soon. Beware the Cagers! :eek
my bike will be back on the road before I will lol, they have gave me an excellent offer and I wont be refusing it, I have managed to buy all the parts cheaply online second hand except for the rear seat fairing which was £190 for a carbon fibre one, I couldn't get a red one new or used. but so far I have spent under £400 for the parts

redrat

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2014, 08:24:51 pm »
Mine was recently a cat c when i checked it out all i had to do was get an mot an was good to go the engineer inspection in the letter was more pertaining to cars an a alike i checked it out throughly with my insurers an it is the case .
rather die on my feet than live on my knees .

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2014, 03:52:32 am »
anyway what I didn't notice was the chain guard was ripped off at the front bracket
Its a 10-15min welding job to fix that, no need for engineers report or re-mot.

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 October 2014, 09:54:16 am »
That is Chaucer insurance company for you, ott.