Date: 17-05-24  Time: 20:08 pm

Author Topic: Chain snap :(  (Read 10417 times)

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Chain snap :(
« Reply #50 on: 22 November 2013, 09:19:24 am »
When you order the sprocket nut and lock-washer make sure you ask for part number 90891-10124. That is a kit of both the 12mm nut and lock-washer. Some Yamaha dealers will still look up the old 9mm nut and supply it.
Any Yamaha dealer should be able to order them. I've never done it on-line myself but Fowlers of Bristol and Wemoto are a couple that seem to get good reports. There are others.
Standard sprocket teeth are 15 front and 48 rear. Any well known brand of chain like D.I.D. and EK should be o.k. but I would avoid cheaper less known brands.

davidkent

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 22 November 2013, 04:06:20 pm »
Sounds good, will look for that part number specifically
I had thought D.I.D were a reasonable brand so will probably go with them also.

Thanks

davidkent

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 16 January 2014, 09:24:33 pm »
Back to an old thread - I've sorn'd the bike for the time being, with this weather and all that...

BUT, i do have lots of shiny parts sat here waiting to do the job - Just thought i'd get back on here :)

69oldskool

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 18 January 2014, 07:36:03 pm »
What was your experience with chemical metal? It would be interesting to hear, as a number of people have considered it for various fixes, but I've yet to see anything definitive on the subject. I would've thought it'd be ok in this instance, as the application area shouldn't need to take much stress of any kind?

JB weld's the one to use.
Takes like forever to cure, but good stuff once set & temperature resistant.
Excellent for filling in gouges in alternator covers prior to respray for instance. :o 

http://www.jbweld.com/product/j-b-weld/

davidkent

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 25 February 2014, 06:28:36 pm »
Sounds good to be fair, though i think i've cracked this problem with another method - Will soon see i guess.

Cannot wait to get the bike sorted, but unfortunately the MOT ran out last week, i thought it was April - I was wrong.

Have to get fixed then find a decent tester around here - Never MOT'd a bike before!