Date: 08-05-24  Time: 12:47 pm

Author Topic: nasty scare check throttle cables  (Read 1028 times)

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
nasty scare check throttle cables
« on: 15 April 2014, 03:08:28 pm »
Had a throttle cable jam open on saturday night. Scared my daughter more than me but the shock is just starting to sink in. Looks like the open cable has a fryed strand down by the throttle body and in turn got fowled in the cable outer causing the jam. Manages to free it up but for a brief moment i had trouble closing the throttle. Please check yours though not heard this happening on any fazer before. Think i've been unlucky as my choke cable went the same was.
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
Re: nasty scare check throttle cables
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2014, 04:12:04 pm »
Thanks for the heads up.  :thumbup  I wonder if Nick Crisp could use this as a mitigating circumstance. :think

maxzer1500

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: nasty scare check throttle cables
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2014, 09:49:31 pm »
    Only had my Gen1 for 3 weeks and am going over all the cables , have already found broken strands on the EXup cables where they have been bent during unhooking without getting enough slack first or removing the pulley . The Throttle and Clutch Cables don't look up to much either so think i will get genuine ( discounted ) and just do a kit job on the EXup as it's not that vital miles from home . Quite enjoy the fettling though and good you both ok .