Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Running rough

<< < (2/3) > >>

celticbiker:
Knowing Yamaha I wouldn't be surprised if it's a coil then but first off I'd clean the low tension connectors and SA tape the leads and blow out the plug tunnels.
If your drain holes are blocked you'll have water sitting around your plugs causing trouble.

ogri48:
spray brake cleaner on your downpies mate, suss out which one aint running right first. then swap coil leads to further isolate the problem ( four and one the same, ditto 2 and three) sorry if thats saying what you already know mate, and hope you get it sorted

Trebus:

--- Quote from: celticbiker on 18 February 2019, 07:14:08 pm ---Knowing Yamaha I wouldn't be surprised if it's a coil then but first off I'd clean the low tension connectors and SA tape the leads and blow out the plug tunnels.
If your drain holes are blocked you'll have water sitting around your plugs causing trouble.

--- End quote ---

I can vouch for the self-amalgamating tape tip. Had a XJ600 divvy at one point, complete piece of shit to be honest. When it rained it ran like a dog, tape stopped the HT leads arcing. When it was cold the carbs iced and ran like a dog. When the weather was fine it vibrates and buzzed like crazy despite having done essentially no miles and in good mechanical order. Compared to the old XJ600 it was an awful bike.

Thread hijack over 😀

celticbiker:
I had a love affair with the xj series too.
I had the 600, 900 and an xj650 turbo. Loved them all.

Trebus:
Had a couple of older XJ600 and an early XJ900 until quite recently. Very capable bikes even by modern standards. Would have either again. Just the 600 Divvy I didn’t like, vibes and poor brakes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version