Date: 18-05-24  Time: 09:27 am

Author Topic: Fitting more stuff on the handlebars!  (Read 1185 times)

Tiercel

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Fitting more stuff on the handlebars!
« on: 11 January 2016, 08:34:30 pm »
Maybe Im just not making the most of whats available, but does anyone else find theres bugger all room on the standard handlbars for mounting stuff? Theres no room on the right side due to brake fluid reservoir, I cant fit anything in the middle because of a big bolt head meaning nothing fits under the bars, and the little room on the left side is taken up by heated grips control switch! I want to fit a phone/satnav holder but cant find one that fits!

I got one of these extension arm thingy mounts and fitted it to one of the fairing bolts, but it vibrates so much its practically unusable, youre busy focusing on the satnav wobbling so much by the time youve figured out where youre meant to turn youve missed the turning!  :eek

Anybody got a solution? How have you lot mounted various bits and bobs on the handlebars? Anybody got a link to a phone holder/mount that doesnt suck? :)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting more stuff on the handlebars!
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2016, 09:40:33 pm »
Get a RAM mount that replaces one of the bar clamp bolts - job done for about a fiver!

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2016, 11:02:01 pm »
I have a mount like the one in the photo, it just fits a tom tom xl, or my big nokia phone.

I quite like the narrow bars, especially when filtering. I used to have a *spits* bandit with wide rethnals but much prefer the sportier feel of the fazer.

You can always buy a small tank bag and mount off that.

Brett
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Tiercel

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2016, 11:11:27 pm »
RAM stuff looks nice, but the actual phone holders and other assorted RAM bits seem to be well expensive!  :eek  (and Im a cheapskate student bum!  :D )

I do have a tank bag with phone/satnav pouch thing on top, but its next to useless because as soon as any kind of sunlight hits it, you cant see the screen, and its at such an angle that youve gotta stare right down at the tank to see it, not really ideal for trying to avoid hitting the car infront  :rollin Thats why I prefer solid cases with rigid screens, nothing to ripple and reflect sunlight, or at least something with a solid back I can wedge stuff under to force the phone against the screen and flatten any ripples.

Might have to give that eBay one a go, but it looks a bit ma-hoo-sive!