Date: 28-04-24  Time: 01:28 am

Author Topic: MT-09 Just arrived in my local Stealer  (Read 19108 times)

marcusfordus

• CBT Wobbler
  • Back on a Yam
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: MT-09 Just arrived in my local Stealer
« Reply #75 on: 21 October 2013, 11:01:11 pm »
I agree it's fugly.
 I don't do looks on bikes I choose them for how they ride. I've had some right stick over the years for my "choice" of bikes.

I like this bit of a tarted up version
Racing MT
Racing MT

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 05 November 2013, 09:16:36 am »
Asked about the Akropovic full system and was told £940.
A lot less than I thought it would be!

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 05 November 2013, 01:12:21 pm »
I agree it's fugly.
 I don't do looks on bikes I choose them for how they ride. I've had some right stick over the years for my "choice" of bikes.

I like this bit of a tarted up version
Racing MT
Racing MT
STOP IT....JUST STOP IT!!!! I'm going to go to Raceways Yamaha and buy one in a minute, that looks ace!!!
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 08 November 2013, 05:07:38 pm »
Thanks for all the pictures and test ride reviews...but still am not sold on the looks. A street triple looks the part...a speed triple will kick the MT 09's  ass everywhere.

About the only good thing is if its price stays at same level, it will be a credible  alternative to the street...but I just hate the looks . It looks a complete bitsa IMHO.

You have to admire the triple engine config though for power torque and feel....its why I am so sold on triumphs triples. Will have to get me another for sure.!

Its almost embarassing though how Yamaha have tried to copy the street triple ....but they fooked up the looks....

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 08 November 2013, 07:07:13 pm »
Thanks for all the pictures and test ride reviews...but still am not sold on the looks. A street triple looks the part...a speed triple will kick the MT 09's  ass everywhere.

About the only good thing is if its price stays at same level, it will be a credible  alternative to the street...but I just hate the looks . It looks a complete bitsa IMHO.

You have to admire the triple engine config though for power torque and feel....its why I am so sold on triumphs triples. Will have to get me another for sure.!

Its almost embarassing though how Yamaha have tried to copy the street triple ....but they fooked up the looks....

Except the weight?

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 09 November 2013, 09:24:14 am »
Looks are a personal view lord Jon, for example, I have never been drawn to the Triumph yet I am to the Yam.
Don't know why, I've got no real reason I can state!

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 09 November 2013, 09:37:22 am »

Have Triumph got the monopoly on triples then?
I think the pre 2013 Street Triples are ugly bikes but still bought one. I quite like the looks of the MT09 overall.

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 09 November 2013, 09:45:40 am »

Jon I had the chance to go for the MT09, its a nice bike for the price, but nowhere as nice as the Speed triple I chose, glad I spent the extra.
And now I have a speed triple, I do see why you rave on about them. Just put twin akra's on, you want to hear it.

mirdif64

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 09 November 2013, 12:55:29 pm »
Peek-a-boo

Bluecray

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda NC700
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 09 November 2013, 02:59:25 pm »
Quote from: pitternator linktonepic=10008.msg103803#msg103803 date=1380091023
Lock
If it is  a 14 litre tank, most reserves are 4 litres. 10 litres at 9 miles /litre ( 45 mpg average) = 90 miles.!!   :'(

That would fook me off, when my m8 on a street is getting 130 miles range before reserve light comes on .... :)

My Honda NC700 has 14 litres (under rear seat! ) and does 200 miles on a tank!

Bluecray

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda NC700
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 09 November 2013, 03:01:38 pm »
Lock
If it is  a 14 litre tank, most reserves are 4 litres. 10 litres at 9 miles /litre ( 45 mpg average) = 90 miles.!!   :'(

That would fook me off, when my m8 on a street is getting 130 miles range before reserve light comes on .... :)

Reviews are estimating it at 48 mpg so you're not too wide of the mark, I'd be filling up every  2 days.  :\

My Honda NC700 has a 14 litre tank under rear seat! And does 200 miles a tank!!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 09 November 2013, 04:10:19 pm »
I've seen quotes of 120 miles plus, to a tank on the MT-09. Might be a bit optimistic for most people's riding, but in the UK, that seems adequate if you like to stop and stretch the legs now and again. Personally, I rarely do over 100 miles in one stint without requiring a short coffee/ciggy break, and stretch. Long trips on a Sunday in France could be a problem tho... :\