Date: 23-04-24  Time: 20:54 pm

Author Topic: Bike too upright when side stand is down = Lowered maybe?  (Read 2378 times)

No

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Bike too upright when side stand is down = Lowered maybe?
« Reply #25 on: 24 January 2021, 09:44:13 am »
Having now made a good study of the pictures, read all your comments etc.  I think it's fair to say your out of your depth a bit here, don't take that the wrong way its not mean as a dig, but an observation based on your questions and answers.

In my opinion you've got a real dog there, it's a typical candidate for being a crash damage and/or insurance write off, unfortunately I'm seeing more and more of these.  It also appears whoever worked on it is a real bodger and scarper, with no idea.  My advice is to get someone who knows what they're doing look over it, it's highly likely there's a lot of hidden issues in there, some could be serious. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn't recommend you ride it until it's been checked properly.

No no it’s fine I appreciate the honesty where safety is concerned. It is my first bike in many years & just needed a runabout during lockdown which is a 10 second ride up & down a steep hill, just until I can save some money. I have my Celica 190 to sell and some time to save.

The bike feels good to Chuck about and no major wobbles, although the front end is a bit soft.

I’m based in Cornwall so will find a bike mechanic as opposed to a car garage & have them give it a once over. The only advisories were tyres which I have but need fitting & balanced which I’ll do tomorrow (Monday)

Again I do appreciate the heads up.

FILZ6

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki Z1000sx
    • View Profile
Re: Bike too upright when side stand is down = Lowered maybe?
« Reply #26 on: 24 January 2021, 04:36:25 pm »
Ideal time to push the forks back down through the yokes while you have the front wheel out for new tyre fitment.