Date: 21-05-24  Time: 04:27 am

Author Topic: European restriction  (Read 2528 times)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
European restriction
« on: 02 March 2012, 05:30:58 pm »
Need to pick some brains, took my fazer 1000 gen 1 to be dyno tested today as i had a gut feeling it was holding back. Turns out to have the european restriction  producing 98.8 bhp @tbw. Does anybody know exactly how it is restricted either carbs,cam,ecu or a combination of them all ? Fair play to my local bike shop where i bought it  who said they would remedy it for me foc which i didn't expect tbh. Only i want to get it ivanised soon but to my mind, depending on the way it is restricted need to sort this first. Any feedback or advice will be welcome.

squiz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: European restriction
« Reply #1 on: 02 March 2012, 05:46:40 pm »
dont know if this any use to you but......... http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=1056.0

had a quick google whilst feeding little one lol

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 March 2012, 05:56:21 pm »
Impressed with your multi-tasking skills  :lol

squiz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 March 2012, 07:36:06 pm »
 :rollin  and im male too! lol

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 March 2012, 09:47:36 pm »
looking on cmnsl they do show 2 different part numbers for the carbs,yamaha do not sell the carb tops as a seperate item.the ignitor and cams are the same

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 March 2012, 10:20:41 pm »
If its a fazer 1000 gen 1 the only country that restricted them was France. (I've got one!) Remove carb tops and you will find plastic mushrooms attached to the carb tops, simply pull them off and put carb tops back on. You don't need to do anything else. The plastic mushrooms simply stop the slides from opening fully, so limit the horsepower. :)  I bought one a few months ago and thought it was down on power. I knew it was imported, so i contacted dvla to find out where it came from and contacted 'falcon269' to find out what was required to derestrict it. Hope this helps ;)
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2012, 06:01:39 am »
Very helpful, thanks all. Nickodemon, how did you contact dvla was it by phone, letter or email ? and was the difference it made very noticable ?

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 March 2012, 12:13:04 pm »
Hi Dazza, I gave you the wrong info! It was Yamaha UK i contacted regarding the origins of the bike. I tried the dvla first and they were utterly useless. Yamaha couldn't have been more helpful :) Yamaha UK - 01932 358000. The bike makes approx 25 hp more once derestricted and makes a BIG difference. It's really easy to do. The only thing you need to be careful about is on one of the inner carb tops (No 2) there is a tiny o ring that can pop off. My bike had been in the UK for years and nobody had checked to see if it was restricted :rollin It was a great feeling removing the restrictors and letting her loose for the first time!
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 March 2012, 04:07:22 am »
Gotta say, the information you have given me on here has been invaluable. Still waiting for the dealers to get back to me :z . Still, my illegal stowaways from France have been removed and has totally transformed my bike. No wonder I've spent the last 6 months being dissapointed with it. My only concern now is to keep my licence.  ;)