Date: 25-04-24  Time: 05:44 am

Author Topic: Luggage rack  (Read 1223 times)

tooth fairy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Luggage rack
« on: 11 May 2012, 09:28:42 am »
Can anyone give me some advice on a recommended luggage rack something i can bungee a tail pack to but also attach a top box to for longer trips? thanks for your help  :)

dogruff

• CBT Wobbler
  • Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Luggage rack
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2012, 10:40:19 am »
The problem with FZS600's is the shape of the back end.Most of the racks available are the sports type
which will only sit on half of the carrier,therefore you would need to make a strong bracket to secure a
topbox.
I tend to use throwovers as they are less hassle,and a sports rack (Yamaha) with a small tail pack.

KAPPA and GIVI make racks and side rails but they are extremely expensive  - £280 plus.Check out the bay,or "for sales".You may be lucky!.

redman

• DAS Born Again
  • You will make the corner lean in throttle on
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - BMW s1000rr/1200gt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2012, 06:49:31 pm »
Youll get a givi rack on ebay for £90 got mine off there  8)
Damn those racetecs grip like glue

DarthFazer

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2012, 09:38:49 pm »
I[size=78%]v'e got an SW Motech alu rack on my Fazer, looks smarter and discrete (imo) than the tubular givi ones. Versatile design makes it easy to stick any sort of blase plate on it. Holds up well with a top box even on the motorways. Only criticism is that it mounted where the pillion handlebar bar is by 4 stainless steel mounting coloumns that can eventually crack away at the fairing is overloaed or riding consistently on uneven surfaced due to the shock. Overall happy with it, been told it looks like a spoiler without the top.[/size]