Date: 17-05-24  Time: 20:56 pm

Author Topic: Brake discs on FZ1  (Read 1267 times)

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Brake discs on FZ1
« on: 16 November 2015, 08:13:44 pm »
Evening Foccors!!

I'm currently on my winter upgrade buying bonanza... I'm thinking of changing the brake discs... What are people choosing at the mo? Seems to be a lot of choice out there... But no real direction to what's good for the money....  :lol

I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Brake discs on FZ1
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2015, 10:22:32 am »
What are you trying to acheive? More bling or more stopping power? Petal disks will up the bling factor but you wont improve the stopping power without spending some serious money.

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2015, 07:56:07 pm »
What are you trying to acheive? More bling or more stopping power? Petal disks will up the bling factor but you wont improve the stopping power without spending some serious money.

It's stopping power I'm after Paul... With the way I ride and the power to the back wheel I have I want to make sure I've taken every precaution that I can!!! Bit of bling does help!!  :rollin
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2015, 08:55:42 pm »
Holy Shit, how big do you need your disks to be?

These brakes are incredible standard, apart from pads which you can swap to race compound if you ride that fast.

And get posh wavy disks maybe.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 November 2015, 02:02:11 pm »
Might be worth spending the money on advanced training. Look at superbike school and/or IAM as even in really poor condition, the existing brakes are more then strong enough to lock the front wheel, so to stop any faster requires skill and technique more than equipment.

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 November 2015, 04:41:11 pm »
PFM Discs are awesome stopping, used in BSB and add a bit of bling.....I put them on my gen1 along with a Brembo Master Cylinder and Hel Lines.

http://www.thestopshop.co.uk/pfm-disc-shop/

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 November 2015, 07:50:21 pm »
Looks grand Bigbluebear!!  :lol  Look good for the money!!