Date: 04-05-24  Time: 17:32 pm

Author Topic: Winter  (Read 29118 times)

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
Re: Winter
« Reply #75 on: 07 February 2012, 10:55:30 pm »
Your welcome mate. It comes up pretty good with a bit of prep and patience. Did you sand the fins back to expose the silver, like it was from the factory, or did you leave it black? I have mine back for now, but I think I will rub it down.
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

bikerboys

• Weekend Warrior
  • full licenses don't come in cornflake packets!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 08 February 2012, 03:06:43 pm »
Your welcome mate. It comes up pretty good with a bit of prep and patience. Did you sand the fins back to expose the silver, like it was from the factory, or did you leave it black? I have mine back for now, but I think I will rub it down.

I sand the fins back to the best I cud do as must of it was coming off it look nice it smells nice as well then you run the bike the first time  ;) I did the rocker covers as well not in black  :rollin silver

full licenses don't come in cornflake packets!

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #77 on: 08 February 2012, 07:27:13 pm »
Put up a picture, I would love to see it  :D
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

bikerboys

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 08 February 2012, 09:31:46 pm »

bikerboys

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 08 February 2012, 09:36:41 pm »
there you go that was the second cote of paint .
I did one more cote touched up in places its now looks better now then this pic  :rollin I for got the cam today when I was down at the garage I will show you a better pic in a day or two  :lol   .

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #80 on: 08 February 2012, 10:16:24 pm »
Spot on bikerboys. Lookin good  :D . I spent the day yesterday getting off the bits of paint I got on the exhaust. I used a stanley blade, a scourer, turps and metal polish. Over, and over, and over and....... :rolleyes  Yawn. But it came up really good. Took ages, but its worth it. I also got the "spillage" off the hoses and stuff too. Then gave them a bit of rubber feed. I am well pleased.

I have to strip and rebuild the rear caliper now. I have ordered new pistons, pads and seals. I will get that done at the weekend if all the bits arrive on time.
« Last Edit: 09 February 2012, 07:12:56 am by adeejaysdelight »

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #81 on: 12 February 2012, 08:31:43 pm »
I have now got the front end back together, forks, brakes and all. It is starting to look like a bike again. I ordered some axle grease for the, erm, axle. Decided not to use copper grease as I read it can do damage. I know the axle is not a moving part, but still.

I am awaiting the assitance of my friend (Pro mechanic) to do the last of the technical jobs I don't want to risk myself. Once I get a day of his time, I can get the project finished. I am off for a week as of Friday, so I hope to get a hold of him midweek.

I really can't wait to see it all finished. But there is still a bit to go, so I won't get ahead of myself.

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #82 on: 26 February 2012, 12:43:49 pm »
Bike is almost finished now. Sorry there have been no more pictures, my Blackberryis playing up and I can't email. I will get that sorted and get some pic's up.

I have sorted the engine tapping noise (cam chain tensioner), fitted the reconditioned calipers and braided hoses front and rear, cleaned the rear wheel (off the bike), chain, sprockets and swing arm. I have also fitted my auxiliary waterproof socket and USB cable for the GPS. Fitted a new fuel filter and iridium spark plugs too & I got a set of those jack up linkage, as per post on the "general" forum, so I got them on.

I have to do a little mod to the alarm system involving a 100 ohm resistor, re-wire the right hand headlamp so that it works on dipped beam and do the wheel alignment, paint 2 engine panels and change the oil and filter.

After that I will take it to my local dyno center for a carb balancing and a run on the rolling road, then I should be good to go...

Diablo

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 28 February 2012, 09:18:09 pm »
good progress, cant wait to see it. :lol

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #84 on: 02 March 2012, 08:51:53 am »
I re-done the brake fluid last night with dot 4+. It gave the new stuff a chance to settle and I managed to get a tiny bit of air from the right hand front caliper. I got the scoop I needed for the air filter too, so that's on too. I am now waiting on the kidney cover and the starter cover to dry so I can re-fit them (gasket required on the right side, Yam only part  :'( ). Wheel alignment done too. It was 1/4 and 1/8th turn out, which you probably would not notice on the road.

I will get the new oil and filter done on Sunday, then stick the engine covers back on and that should be her. The alarm work is not urgent, but getting her back on the road is!!!

Pictures coming soon.

Looney tune

• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 02 March 2012, 09:11:07 am »

Fair play to you boys who bike all year round, not easy up here. My bike goes to bed the end of September and is still asleep, but I let it purr every now and again. Did you buy your bike in Cockermouth last year ?  :pokefun :kiss
Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #86 on: 02 March 2012, 02:51:16 pm »
I got my bike form a lovely fella in a wee toon called Stanley, down near Newcastle. I got the bus down and was planning to ride back up (assuming I bought the bike). When I got there, he had made up the spare bed for me to stop the night if I wanted to. What a nice act of human kindness, I though anyway. I took the bike off his hands and the rest is...History.

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #87 on: 02 March 2012, 03:04:50 pm »
As a wee off shot of the "headlamp conversion", I would like to say that, although the link on this forum is accurate, it is highly over complicated and is no better a job than the way I done it. So here is how...

You will need -

1 Yellow (smaller of the two sizes) female spade crimp/connerctor

1/2 meter of 1.5 or 2.5 copper wire

Soldering iron & snips

Ok, disconnect the battery and locate the wire that feeds the headlamp on dipped beam. Got it? Right, cut it and bare about 10mm on each end, as well as 10mm on one end of your 1/2 meter of wire. Now solder those three together.

Now run the cable tidy as you like to the right headlamp connector block. Cut to lenth and bare around 15mm. Twist and fold, then slip into the female spade, after removing the yellow seathing. Now crimp (I like to add a solder too, for good measure).

Slip the spade into the remaining space in the connector block and tape up the lot with warmed electrical tape. Try make it as water tight as you can.

Plug the connector onto your bulb and tell me that is not easier than all the pissing about...And for anyone in doubt, a good solder is far superior to a crimp.

Simples  :D

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #88 on: 06 March 2012, 12:57:17 am »
Today I had the bike out for her first run since doing the works. The weather was good and the roads dry, so a perfect opportunity to test out the new parts. Rather than a huge written analysis, I thought I would put up a video.

So without further ado...

http://youtu.be/ecla3ONqcuw

http://youtu.be/Q_3BYxLy1vc

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 06 March 2012, 09:29:02 am »
Looks lovely, but where's the centrestand gone?

As for your headlamp rewire, am I right in thinking the rh dip is on even when you're on main beam? :eek

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #90 on: 06 March 2012, 02:07:07 pm »
I never had a centerstand in the first place. I use a paddock stand. As for the main beam and dip beam, they have always worked together. The single cable I attached has not affected that in any way.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 06 March 2012, 02:35:52 pm »
If you've wired it so both filaments in the right hand bulb are lit when on main beam it'll be dissipating 115W in that side... I'd be a bit nervous about subjecting the reflector to that much heat, not to mention the increased current through the wiring.

topgun44

• Weekend Warrior
  • ride hard a fast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 06 March 2012, 02:45:33 pm »
nice mate but you did not do mirrors they look like late ones off 2002/2003  ;)

Fazer Jake

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 06 March 2012, 07:10:23 pm »
Well done mate, cracking job  :D

bikerboys

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 06 March 2012, 09:26:20 pm »
nice mate but you did not do mirrors they look like late ones off 2002/2003  ;)

I have to agree  :eek what a big difference it made.

Looks nice mate well done
:D paint still looks good on mine after 3000 miles and still holding up well 

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #95 on: 21 April 2012, 12:05:07 pm »
Sorry it took so long to get my pictures up here. My Blackberry has been playing up. They are absoutley Pish. Anyway, here are some pics of my bike all finished. She is running like new now, and looks great. I have yet to see one of the same vintage in better condition  :lol

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #96 on: 23 April 2012, 10:11:43 am »
Some more pic's

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 23 April 2012, 03:29:18 pm »
Is it me or are you missing a radiator guard?

Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #98 on: 23 April 2012, 08:05:18 pm »
And more still...

Erm, no, I don't think so...?

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 23 April 2012, 08:33:59 pm »
And more still...

Erm, no, I don't think so...?

just looks like you are just a black grill that is hinged at the top and protects the rad from stone strike, maybe its the picture angle.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!