Date: 19-04-24  Time: 23:21 pm

Author Topic: For Sale FZS1000  (Read 9176 times)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: For Sale FZS1000
« Reply #25 on: 25 November 2014, 10:01:12 pm »
This is why want Big Mac wants to do does not make since  :rolleyes
If Big Mac really wants Loz's FZS1000, he would be better off doing a deal with Loz as this prevents the risk of the dealer having a buyer lined for the FZS1000,  especially one in the condition this one is in and extras it has, or have it shifted through the trade quickly.
Plus the dealer will always give the standard value regardless of extras.

08 FZ6 S2 and 04 Fzs1000 are around the same money, and as Big Mac himself suggests a 08 looks better on the forecourt than a 04 especially with 2015 so close.

Many larger dealers shift 10 years and older bikes through the trade and come 2015 the Fzs1000 will be bordering on 11 years old.

Surprised that a Scot would want to give a dealer more money :lol

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 November 2014, 10:30:03 pm »
He ain't got enuff moolah or i spose e wood
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Rexr

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 November 2014, 11:53:55 pm »
I have a nasty shoulder problem and really need to be sat completely upright, i test rode a GS 1200 today and loved it

Since owning my fazer 1000 (which is only 12months) I have enflamed an old injury in my shoulder and it's down to the seating and reach to the bars, the position is totally different to wot I'm use to (zrx's and xjr's) so mine will also be up for sale so, they are a great bike, but like urself need to be comfy (as I can't take another yr like the last one...... :\)
Rexr.

Keep it simple......stupid..!!!

Loz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 918 Blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 November 2014, 08:12:12 am »
This is why want Big Mac wants to do does not make since  :rolleyes
If Big Mac really wants Loz's FZS1000, he would be better off doing a deal with Loz as this prevents the risk of the dealer having a buyer lined for the FZS1000,  especially one in the condition this one is in and extras it has, or have it shifted through the trade quickly.
Plus the dealer will always give the standard value regardless of extras.

08 FZ6 S2 and 04 Fzs1000 are around the same money, and as Big Mac himself suggests a 08 looks better on the forecourt than a 04 especially with 2015 so close.

Many larger dealers shift 10 years and older bikes through the trade and come 2015 the Fzs1000 will be bordering on 11 years old.

Surprised that a Scot would want to give a dealer more money :lol

My problem is that if i buy privately i need the cash and if i buy from my dealer he will outsource any bike that isnt a BMW anyway, if that situation happens i will let you know  :) also i am in Poole and i assume from the thread that BigMac is in Scotland??

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 26 November 2014, 07:31:49 pm »
He's in Portsmouth...the scots kicked him out fer Eatin all the haggis fat bastid
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Loz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 918 Blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 28 November 2014, 10:44:55 am »
Bump  Really hoped it would be snapped up here, going on ebay this weekend :(

Loz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 918 Blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06 December 2014, 05:43:59 pm »
New bike has arrived....Poor baby has has to move out into the cold  :eek

MEM62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 December 2014, 01:29:07 pm »
Never have a bmw without a warranty...

I have had my R1200RT for almost two years (from new) and never had a single issue with it.  It is every bit as reliable as my FZS1000.

Your comparing a brand new specification BMW with low miles? with an old specification Yamaha with high miles?;
Interesting comparsion  :lol

That'll be because, on here anyway, the Fazer is the benchmark for most.  Also, I have had the Fazer for almost eight years so it has the longer track record with me and if the BMW is a good to me has my FZS1000 has been then I will be a very happy man.  As three bikes won't fit into my garage I sold my '98 VFR800 when I picked up the RT - now that bike was a legend!       

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 December 2014, 11:28:16 pm »

As for the  BMW reliability, i have done my research and a few years ago i would have agreed.

I'm afraid your actually incorrect the previous twin cam engine bikes are the best, especially the twin cam gs.

When it comes to reliability i take it you no all the problems that the new water cooled gs has !

1-Corrosion issues on brand new bikes, resulting in replacement engines due to corrosion after 2k
2-Faulty ESA units, resulting in harsh suspension.
3-faulty switch gear.
4-cam chain lock up, results in replacement engine.
5-early 13 bikes panniers did not fit, BMW bodge was to fit penny washer under the rear hangers, however some bikes had to have new rear subframes.
6-early 13 bikes frames with misaligned steering.
7-rear brake pads down to metal in 2k, still ongoing problem
8-rough clunking gearbox even after several fixes its still the same.
9-brand new bikes leaking water out of water pump hole, one particular bike had to have a new engine because of this and the reason why they could not fix it was the crank case was porous.
10- clutch drag .
Thats just 10 issues and there's plenty more problems as well.

Reason why ! Because 70% of the manufacturing of components on the new generation bikes especially the GS water cooled are sourced from china .

You will have to be very brave buying into the gs wc blind folded.

Loz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 918 Blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 December 2014, 07:14:27 pm »
I'm afraid your actually incorrect the previous twin cam engine bikes are the best, especially the twin cam gs.

When it comes to reliability i take it you no all the problems that the new water cooled gs has !

1-Corrosion issues on brand new bikes, resulting in replacement engines due to corrosion after 2k
2-Faulty ESA units, resulting in harsh suspension.
3-faulty switch gear.
4-cam chain lock up, results in replacement engine.
5-early 13 bikes panniers did not fit, BMW bodge was to fit penny washer under the rear hangers, however some bikes had to have new rear subframes.
6-early 13 bikes frames with misaligned steering.
7-rear brake pads down to metal in 2k, still ongoing problem
8-rough clunking gearbox even after several fixes its still the same.
9-brand new bikes leaking water out of water pump hole, one particular bike had to have a new engine because of this and the reason why they could not fix it was the crank case was porous.
10- clutch drag .
Thats just 10 issues and there's plenty more problems as well.

Reason why ! Because 70% of the manufacturing of components on the new generation bikes especially the GS water cooled are sourced from china .

You will have to be very brave buying into the gs wc blind folded.

Blimey mate, i only wanted to sell my bike didnt expect any of this!!  The GS was picked up Sat and yes it is the WC one  :rolleyes  some of the issues you mention i was aware of and some i wasnt, i spose at least i now know what to look out for  ;)

Ian-man

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09 December 2014, 08:07:52 pm »
Dare I ask, how is the k1600 for issues.

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
For Sale FZS1000
« Reply #36 on: 09 December 2014, 10:44:38 pm »
Dare I ask, how is the k1600 for issues.

Don't no, I'm afraid i have no interest in the k16.

But the gs ws ! I speak from experience, not one but two lemons in 12 months second one went back for a refund after having a replacement engine, i should have kept the Fazer !
« Last Edit: 09 December 2014, 10:48:12 pm by cable tie »

Ian-man

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09 December 2014, 11:00:29 pm »
Oh dear. I am considering 3 at the mo" looking at something with more weather protection.
FJR, TROPHY SE, K1600.

FJR is like a comfy lazy fazer ( so is it worth changing)
Trophy seems very big and,wide with very upright seating position ( maybe a step too far)
K1600 I haven't ridden but it sounds gorgeous ( need a test ride)

GTR1400 has been suggested but reviews aren't great.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30 December 2014, 10:29:28 pm »
Well done Exupnut - go to the top of the class.
For the rest of you ...no he doesn't stand on the schoolhouse roof
The advantage being that the dealer gets two sales so he is moving metal, he replaces a 54 plate bike with a 58 (and a sweet one) on his forecourt. This may make them more amenable to a deal on the BMW also...simples...well for those of us with English as a first language!  :pokefun
surely it would work more in foccin favour if lozenges were to find out the trade in value of both the thought and for against the gs,  then swap the thought for the fun plus cash difference.   
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

seantopbloke

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 05 January 2015, 11:57:09 am »
If you are in no rush to sell i am looking to move up from my trusty 6 to a 1000 in a few months time as i am currently off work sick. I have an 03 Mille which will be sold as i prefer Fazers above everything else ?