Date: 19-05-24  Time: 00:38 am

Author Topic: metallic tape for exhaust bling  (Read 1340 times)

scoobie_paws

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
metallic tape for exhaust bling
« on: 18 February 2015, 02:22:06 pm »
Hi all, my end can has nfr use on it and I was wondering if anyone knows of what type of tape or sticker would cover it safely. For some reason it is written in between the rivet strap at the back of the can so wondered if I could wrap it as MOT man says what the can't see don't hurt ;-)
Can not loud so not problem there just don't want any issues with it if I get stopped for anything

Bike is so yellow and black so something that looks OK with that would be good.
Thanks
Mark

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: metallic tape for exhaust bling
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2015, 03:12:56 pm »
I think eBay do all sorts of exhaust stickers and rivot on badges with maker's logo's etc if they would be any good

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2015, 03:34:25 pm »
wrap it as MOT man says what the can't see don't hurt ;-)
Can not loud so not problem there just don't want any issues with it if I get stopped for anything

Now then It may well be ok for the MOT man but if you do get stopped then it wont help because as far as I am aware the can has to say on it road legal or have the kite mark or whatever, so having nothing there will be an offense (I think) 
« Last Edit: 18 February 2015, 03:50:41 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Ruby Racing

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2015, 04:45:21 pm »
Almost certain they have to be E marked.
Feel the Fear and do it anyway!

Read about my Project Ruby Racer - FZS 600 Custom build Click this link > > > http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,10613.0.html

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 February 2015, 04:55:31 pm »
wrap it as MOT man says what the can't see don't hurt ;-)

Now then It may well be ok for the MOT man but if you do get stopped then it wont help because as far as I am aware the can has to say on it road legal or have the kite mark or whatever, so having nothing there will be an offense (I think)

That is very true. It does have to have the Kite Mark plus the BS number. However, I have a very good friend who was, until fairly recently, a Traffic Cop and he says that as long as it doesn't say "Not For Road Use" then they don't normally care what you have fitted.
I doubt that is the same for all areas though as we are all aware of "Jobsworths" and "Keen Newbies".

Some years ago I had a pair of Art cans fitted to a Firestorm. They were extremely feckin' loud and the bands were stamped "Not for road use". I bought a pair of plain bands off ebay, drilled out the rivets on the can and riveted the new bands on. I had the bike for about four years and never had a problem with mot or plod.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 February 2015, 04:56:14 pm »
Plod certainly won't want to see Not For Road Use on a can, but as long as it's not screaming then I think the only thing they generally look for is a baffle, because it's easy to spot.
Different story if it's a proper stop check by a biker/motorway cop though, rather than just a general pull.

Insurance companies however.........
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.