Date: 28-04-24  Time: 00:57 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605673 times)

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #8975 on: 03 August 2023, 06:12:08 am »
Just about to leave for Cornwall for the Calstock bike rally. Weather forecast is crap, with 55mph winds on Saturday, have packed extra guy ropes, what could go wrong :lol .
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Don71uk

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: 04 August 2023, 07:47:05 am »
I’m off to a rally, near Chippenham, I’ll look out for your tent on Saturday 😀

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8977 on: 07 August 2023, 07:18:06 pm »
A two minute shower approaching Dartmoor was all the rain we got on Thursday. Friday was a trip to Looe in the sunshine. With a wind warning of 58mph on Saturday I was glad I could get us pitched against a tall hedgerow, which would protect us from the expected NW to Westerly winds. Fortunately the winds didn’t amount to much, maybe being in a valley helped a lot. Sunday was a perfect biking day, with the waterproofs securely packed away and a nice breakfast stop just before Exeter we made good time until going our various ways at Camberley. Plenty of average speed cameras have sprouted up since I was down that way last year. Will be a bit twitchy when the postman delivers over the next few weeks :rolleyes

Rad

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #8978 on: 10 August 2023, 04:48:37 pm »
Me, me, me! :)
Fresh oil, filter, and magnetic sump plug. Does it count?

notsofast

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - GSXR600
    • View Profile
« Reply #8979 on: 10 August 2023, 05:00:39 pm »
Had a great time blasting the local(ish) roads today. A little bit busy around Ballater with the Highland games today but plenty good riding had anyway.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8980 on: 03 September 2023, 12:48:28 am »
Oil and filter change earlier, chain adjust and header tank level check. Will start loading on the camping gear over the next few days as leaving early Thursday for the French round of WSB at Magny Cours.

notsofast

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - GSXR600
    • View Profile
« Reply #8981 on: 04 September 2023, 12:31:29 pm »
Robbi - you inspired me. The wife had a long weekend booked in Poitiers for our Anniversary.  Now amended with car hire and a Sunday ticket for WSBK.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8982 on: 05 September 2023, 08:20:05 pm »
Pack some suncream it's going to be hot. One of the last chances to see Rae on the Kawa, as he's on Topraks Yamaha next season. Enjoy :thumbup

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8983 on: 08 September 2023, 07:43:41 pm »
Yesterday up at 02:55, and out of the house by 03:15, Chunnel Tunnel bound. The guys I went to Atagon with two years ago were on their way back from Catalunya. Met up with one of them at Anet for lunch, as he was en route to visit his sister in the Pyrinnes, so he rode through the afternoon to Nevers with me,  where I'm camping. Had to peage the last 45 mins or so as the clock was ticking as I had to set up camp, grab a few beers from the supermarket and rustle up some grub. 455 miles on the old girl yesterday, and took it in her stride despite the ridiculous heat.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8984 on: 08 September 2023, 07:48:10 pm »
Got allocated the no shade pitch......which is nice....not

notsofast

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - GSXR600
    • View Profile
« Reply #8985 on: 08 September 2023, 09:14:00 pm »
That's nasty. Bad enough here in Poitiers in a top floor apartment without air-conditioning.  Picked up the rental car today and will be up early doors Sunday to get across to Magny Cours.  Had a language lesson from a fellow (local) beer drinker last night - It's apparently pronounced Manneeee coorrrr.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: 09 September 2023, 05:25:11 pm »
Don't get there before 8am as they won't let you in. Had to sit at the gate for 15 mins before the jobsworth would put the key in the lock. The final WSB free practise was at 9am so didn't leave much time to park the bike get changed, then walk to the stands to bag a spot. If you've got access to a brolly, bring it. Another 35° scorchio tomorrow. Enjoy. Local boy Debise is doing well in WSS for GMT94, and Gerloff has shown what the Beemer can do.

notsofast

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - GSXR600
    • View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: 09 September 2023, 07:13:44 pm »
No fear of being anything like 8am.  Hopefully make it around 9 or more like 10am.  Talked with the missus about a brolly today but then promptly forgot about it.  Spent today at the coast and it was mid thirties.  When we arrived back this evening in Poitiers it was still showing 39°c......

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: 13 September 2023, 08:16:12 pm »
Trackday at Donington Park. Weather was good. The S2 is a capable, versatile machine, middle of intermediate group

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: 14 September 2023, 12:51:50 am »
Turned 98000miles today, came out of the shop in 2003 with 000001miles on it

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: 19 September 2023, 01:42:39 pm »
Down at the MOT station by 07:15 this morning to make sure I was first in the queue for the 07:30 opening. The MOT guy seems to get more and more thorough as each year goes by, but the Fazer came through, as I expected, clean as a whistle. Just got to refit my slightly smaller number plate and remove the db killer and normal service will be resumed.
Just over 47k pleasure miles have rolled under her wheels over the last 7 years since I bought her with only a measly 8k showing, and only a failed reg/rec being the only blot in the Fazers otherwise troublefree copybook.
My trip last week to Magny Cours for WSB  accounted for just a few miles short of 1k, and despite the really high 35C+ temperatures, she never missed a beat. I'll have to run her into winter for the first time as it's my only ULEZ compliant transport at present. I just hope I'll be able to keep on top of the cleaning.
Pic taken on one of the poorly signposted "deviations" that seem to be blighting northern France at the moment.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: 21 September 2023, 02:24:16 pm »
Paint the bottom of the raditor with some cylinder black, as the original has started flaking off.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #8992 on: 21 September 2023, 04:03:11 pm »
Paint the bottom of the raditor with some cylinder black, as the original has started flaking off.

I've been meaning to do this on my radiator for a while, is there any particular brand you'd recommend?

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: 22 September 2023, 05:33:11 pm »
The proper way is to remove the rad from the bike, rub it down, spray with self eatching primer and then finally paint in black etc. In this instance I didnt want to go through that hassel and painted it in situ.

I just went with good old "Granville cylinder black" (Ive had the tin for years). Its says on the tin its can be painted on engine cases/barrels, exhausts, etc. So used a fine brush, let it dry for 24hrs, then on the ride to the shops and back to complete the curing.

- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Granville-0060A-250ml-Paint-Cylinder/dp/B006K9MSWS

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #8994 on: 22 September 2023, 07:52:17 pm »
Thanks for that.

I really need to do my valve checks at some point, as well as a bunch of other stuff, so I might as well bundle the radiator in with the other jobs.

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: 22 September 2023, 09:00:57 pm »
Today I found my Fazer a new home :'( :'( :'(

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8996 on: 23 September 2023, 08:35:34 am »
A sad day, I still miss mine :(
Later

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: 23 September 2023, 01:13:22 pm »
Today I found my Fazer a new home :'( :'( :'(
Who pulled out the next day  :rolleyes  Still must go https://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=27842.0

Thanks Gnasher. Good luck with your sales too  :)

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: 06 October 2023, 11:12:50 am »
Yesterday I took advantage of the last days of our summer for a whizz around my local counties, Surrey,Sussex and Kent. The first task was to check out quite a torturous route from home to the M25, that will get my non compliant car, out of the ULEZ zone with no charge. This will work until another strategically placed camera gets installed, although how long it stays active is another matter.
The plan for the day was to pick up the A22 southbound, for a while, before heading south east to get to the eastern section of the A272, leading to Heathfield and eventually Rye. The destination was Jo’s cafe, halfway along the A259 between Rye and Brenzett.
I had visited this cafe a few months back but it was close to their closing time. I was however impressed by the owners willingness to rustle up some bacon sarnies even though she had closed the kitchen. The full English was the order of the day, and very good it was too.
Saddling up after a chill in the sun outside, we continued our way to Brenzett before turning left towards home, but not before a stop off at one of our favourite pubs at Offham. After just the one, we split to go our respective ways home, my pal west on the A25 and me north, past Brands Hatch on the A20.
All in all a good day, with 158 of our lovely English miles passing under the Fazer’s wheels, hopefully not spoilt by the speed camera van on the Caterham bypass. Only time will tell.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: 22 October 2023, 01:37:16 pm »
Today with my fazer, I dropped it on the right hand side trying to turn around on an incline at 2mph.

But as I had the foresight to add frame and axel sliders, the only part of the bike that 'appeared' to have taken ANY damage was the little rubber sleave that goes between the clamp and the end can.