Date: 12-05-24  Time: 09:45 am

Author Topic: I finally cracked...!  (Read 1318 times)

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
I finally cracked...!
« on: 31 January 2013, 08:12:07 am »
Having SORNed the big red job @ end of November I thought Id do 3 months couch potato/lazy cager time. Did all the service jobs after Xmas & yesterday sun was shining so went & handed over 76 notes @ post office for nice new tax disc. Being a "good boy" decided I wouldnt ride til tomorrow (when tax disc becomes valid) but looking out the window this morning I see the "British Drought" conditions have returned. Our local tv weather girl always smiles beautifully as she announces gales,torrential rain, localised flooding etc! Lets see what tomorrow brings as Im definitely needing to blow the spiders out the pipe! :lol

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
Re: I finally cracked...!
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2013, 08:43:09 am »
I too am pretty much a fair weather biker, dont mind the cold if the roads are salt and grit clear, but there is something about going out in the rain which I don't do....if I'm caught it its a different matter though. When I was younger my bike was my only mode of transport and did all 4 seasons no matter how deep the snow, rain and frost was.....don't miss one bit as its a weekend toy weather permitting.

I like to keep my bike in good clean condition and have done all my winter maintenance with the exception of replacing the fronk fork springs. Like you I can't wait to get out and blast the cob webs away, from the bike and myself.

And with this post I have reached the status of.....Weekend Warrior.

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 January 2013, 12:35:36 pm »
Overcame this issue with fazer for winter riding whilst summer fazer gets make over and when summer comes the winter bike gets a little love
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2013, 02:07:32 pm »
yepppp.....taxing mine on saturday ready for the london foccers meet  :D
One, is never going to be enough.....

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2013, 09:34:38 am »
Overcame this issue with fazer for winter riding whilst summer fazer gets make over and when summer comes the winter bike gets a little love
I'm tempted to do that for next winter, as the little 600 bandit I currently use for winter just dosent have enough power to see off the usual idiots.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 February 2013, 09:38:02 am »
Yep that's what I do too. The little 600 fazer for winter/work commute, and the big fazer for those rare dry days when I can stretch her legs and scare myself! :lol
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 February 2013, 07:52:57 am »
Am now saving up for a "winter" grade FZS600! :lol