Date: 19-04-24  Time: 04:41 am

Author Topic: Grass strimmers - is there one that works?  (Read 847 times)

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Grass strimmers - is there one that works?
« on: 11 July 2021, 11:13:30 am »
I'm appealing to font of all knowledge that is foc u!

Has anyone found a grass strimmer that actually works and you don't have to stop every 5 feet to feed out more line or rewind it?

They all seem to be foccing useless to me  :o
« Last Edit: 11 July 2021, 11:14:09 am by Streetbudgie »

Mike-FZS

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Grass strimmers - is there one that works?
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2021, 03:54:31 pm »
So long as it’s decent petrol one should be fine. Even the Aldi/Lidl petrol ones aren’t bad.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2021, 05:03:48 pm »
They are useless. I've had electric, petrol, and now battery with blades not line. The electric one (Bosch) was strong enough power wise but the cord kept breaking frequently and the so called bump feed mechanism never worked from day one. The petrol was better (brush cutter that could swap the head to cord strimmer) but again the cord snapped frequently and it was a bitch to start. Finished up using cable ties instead of the cord but hey still broke, but at least it was easy to put two new ones in. Recently purchased a battery powered one with replaceable blades similar to a Flymo. A couple of seconds to change blades, and blade wear is as expected, but the unit struggles to cope with  anything longer than a few inches. All in all, the most useless foccin machines ever invented.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 July 2021, 05:56:07 pm »
Bought my electric Flymo in 1984. Gets used twice a month during the summer. Has a handy twist head facility used for edging. Other than line replacement, still going strong. There’s always going to be an exception :lol
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.