Date: 24-05-24  Time: 00:02 am

Author Topic: clock time resetting  (Read 2012 times)

R1FSR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
clock time resetting
« on: 08 June 2015, 05:55:34 pm »
Help needed  :'(
 this has happened before but cant remember what I did to fix it.
 every time I turn off ignition the clock/time resets itself to 1.00, (fzs1000)
 any help would be great

cheers

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: clock time resetting
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2015, 07:14:45 pm »
Mine did this when I got it. Time and the trip meter, it will be the unswitched live feed. Can be that the wire is broke or more likely the connector, mine had been twisted together under the side panel, presumably after an alarm was removed, it had untwisted.... Soldered it up and it worked fine. Iirc it was a green/orange wire. There is a diagram on here somewhere, I used that to sort mine.
Intentionally left blank

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2015, 08:13:06 pm »
There's also a fuse involved - can't remember which one, but mine wasn't working when I bought it, looked on here, changed the fuse and now it does!  :lol :lol
(Which was about as much help as a catflap in a elephant house  :rollin :rollin :rollin )

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 June 2015, 01:26:43 am »
Had the same issue with mine that I only sorted last week.

had to virtually unwrap the whole loom to find the problem. Mine was where Yamaha cut in the alarm permanent feed into the permanent feed to the clock and use a crimp connection and wrapped with PVC tape, moisture had got into loom and corroded the connection, it completley it fell apart as I checked it.

Best way to check if your issue is the same as mine is check the voltage at each point of connection, The permanent live wire is Red with a Green stripe, check at the 2nd fuse (10 amp) from the right if looking at fuse box as if sat on the bike, if you get the same voltage as across the battery terminals move onto the next  connection and that in the six-way waterproof connection under the LH fairing infill panel. Mine was giving a voltage of 1V verses 12.7V at the battery so that pointed to an issue in the loom.  If yours is ok move onto the connection at the clocks you only need to remove the screen to access the connection.

The crimp connection is in the section of loom just behind the airbox so I would start checking there.

If you have an alarm I would also check the permanent live there .

Hope this helps

R1FSR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 June 2015, 03:35:06 pm »
Many thanks Red.

ill do all what you suggested at the weekend ..its no major problem but it is really annoying .
cheers

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 June 2015, 04:01:51 pm »
I took some photos at the time with my phone but being a numpty when it comes to transferring data and the like so haven't got around to loading them up.

I'll try and get them loaded before the weekend, if it is the same connection you'll only need to unwrap one section of the loom and this is only a PVC single piece wrap (you'll understand when you see it), so not as much as I did, I unwrapped from the Alarm branch out forwards, plus you shouldn't need to pull the loom from the RH side of the bike out as I did. The section of loom concerned is the bit between the frame clip under the LH side panel and the next clip forward at the top of the frame by the airbox

Anyway, hope it is only the fuse but do ask yourself why it has blown??