Date: 28-04-24  Time: 00:39 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 668692 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #2075 on: 27 January 2018, 08:52:10 pm »
I warned YamFazFan about waking VNA up from his hibernation! This is what happens when you do , he infests the forum like a virus and once started does not know when to shutup. Just like every pub has a pub bore he is the forum bore.

Please moderators can you make it a ruling that all political / religious debate is in separate threads and titled as such so that the subject is clear instead of them hijacking other threads.

Like most people I use this forum for motorcycle related subjects coupled with a bit a banter, and I have had enough of being preached at by political zealots.

Slappy, you won’t find a political thread started by VNA. 

I agree with you it’s a bike forum, but I’m not minded to tolerate populist right wing political propaganda or bull shite, bigoted nonsense or racist crap.  And Christ almighty do we hear the bigots squeal when their views are challenged. 

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: 28 January 2018, 12:22:18 am »
Do you disagree with any of the content in this report on how The European Union decision making functions VNA?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/matthew-ellery/eu-referendum_b_9514608.html

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: 28 January 2018, 02:43:37 am »
 :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall

'You started it. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did, you invaded Poland'.
« Last Edit: 28 January 2018, 02:49:56 am by mtread »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: 28 January 2018, 06:15:53 am »
I warned YamFazFan about waking VNA up from his hibernation! This is what happens when you do , he infests the forum like a virus and once started does not know when to shutup. Just like every pub has a pub bore he is the forum bore.

Please moderators can you make it a ruling that all political / religious debate is in separate threads and titled as such so that the subject is clear instead of them hijacking other threads.

Like most people I use this forum for motorcycle related subjects coupled with a bit a banter, and I have had enough of being preached at by political zealots.

I agree with you it’s a bike forum, but I’m not minded to tolerate populist right wing political propaganda or bull shite, bigoted nonsense or racist crap.  And Christ almighty do we hear the bigots squeal when their views are challenged. 

Christ what?
Now you're just making shite up!
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: 28 January 2018, 06:23:51 am »
:wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall

'You started it. No I didn't. Yes you did. No I didn't. Yes you did, you invaded Poland'.

:lol

More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: 28 January 2018, 10:04:06 am »

No you don't start them you just fill other threads up with your views because once you start you don't know when to shut up.

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: 28 January 2018, 11:24:15 am »
Peugeot 1.3 diesel engine engine in a car, £30 a year road tax. Same engine in a van, £240 a year road tax, same as my Discovery 2 td5 2.5 litre diesel smoker. No logic, but still bought the van

Yes, of course there is a logic. It starts with the premise that the government wants to maximise revenue / cost to the populace. A van is a commercial vehicle, likely used to make money, money makers can pay more so let's rinse them. A 1.3 diesel in a car - poor sod, let them have cheap tax.
is it clean enough?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: 28 January 2018, 11:32:33 am »
I’m not minded to tolerate political propaganda or bull shite, bigoted nonsense or racist crap.

Scottish first, EU second and Britain no thanks.

Hmm
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: 28 January 2018, 11:50:41 am »
Do you disagree with any of the content in this report on how The European Union decision making functions VNA?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/matthew-ellery/eu-referendum_b_9514608.html

Focs sake YamFazFan, are you trying to start a foccing riot.

That’s not a report, it’s the views Mathew Ellery a researcher at Get Britain Out and a member of Conservative Home.  He seems to favour generalisation and meaningless sweeping statements.

As for bureaucrats, you could argue that our government is run by unelected bureaucrats.  I certainly didn’t elect Boris Johnston to the Cabinet, never mind bleedin Foreign Secretary.  We even had, until recently, an unelected Prime Minister – but I wouldn’t necessarily call any of it undemocratic. 

Why not try the London School of Economics if you want to understand the EU.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2016/06/21/is-the-eu-really-run-by-unelected-bureaucrats/
« Last Edit: 28 January 2018, 11:52:00 am by VNA »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: 28 January 2018, 12:09:21 pm »
Focs sake YamFazFan, are you trying to start a foccing riot.

:lol :lol

No! I'm genuinely interested in the subject :book

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: 28 January 2018, 12:23:57 pm »
No! I'm genuinely interested in the subject :book

Poor slappy's gonna have a fit if ye didnae stop  :lol :lol

Umm, err, well, the LSE account of how the EU operates, as you can see, is just a wee bit different from the sensationalist accounts as promoted by Get Britain Out, the Daily Mail et all.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: 28 January 2018, 02:11:53 pm »

Poor slappy's gonna have a fit if ye didnae stop  :lol :lol

Umm, err, well, the LSE account of how the EU operates, as you can see, is just a wee bit different from the sensationalist accounts as promoted by Get Britain Out, the Daily Mail et all.

Interesting account.

I don't think it's wildly different from the one in my link though. I'm still not comfortable with the way it operates.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: 28 January 2018, 02:49:58 pm »

Interesting account.

It’s more fact than biased opinion and distortion.

Eg,
The EU Commission is the guardian of the treaties and enforces EU law. More importantly, this means it is the Government of Europe which has the sole right to propose the laws which increasingly encroach on our lives here in Britain.  -  Matthew Ellery of Get Britain Out

Which yes is similar to Professor Simon Hix of The London School of Economics, expect that the Professor explains what can be proposed;

The Commission can only propose laws in those areas where the EU governments have unanimously agreed to allow it to do under the EU treaty. Put another way, the Commission can only propose EU laws in areas where the UK government and the House of Commons has allowed it to do so.

So what’s the big issue?  What the foc is the problem?

28 states in one single market right on our door step.  Now BREXITEERS of course want the whole EU to collapse.  Can you imagine dealing with 27 separate governments, 28 separate manufacturing standards, 27 sets of tariffs and duties.   

Anyway there is an EU team working to come up with a solution to allow the UK to remain as full members of the EU.  The solution is to work out a means to restrict and control free movement, of which it just so happens quite a number of EU members would like to see.

But the question remains, why would we want to leave the single biggest genuinely free trade zone in the world that we have full and open access to, which just so happens to be on our doorstep. 

Meanwhile, here we are coming on two years after that idiotic referendum and nobody can yet tell us what leaving the EU means, what shape the deal will take, or for that matter even if a deal is possible.  In the meantime, inward investment is on hold and numerous businesses and manufactures who are based here to access the single market are finalising their contingency plans – that is their plans to leave the UK if there is not single market access.

The whole thing is bonkers, potentially hugely damaging to our economy, will saddle us with a massive divorce bill and has our parliament grid locked.  Not to mention only England and Wales voted for it.  But they think they have the right to impose it on the other members of the Union.  >: >: >:

So yeah, like I said BREXIT gets my foccing goat!

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: 28 January 2018, 04:25:49 pm »
The solution is to work out a means to restrict and control free movement, of which it just so happens quite a number of EU members would like to see.

And if they'd done that prior to the referendum I bet you the result would have been 'Remain' ;)

Everyone I spoke to post referendum that voted 'Leave' said that broadly the same things had influenced their decision, such as the health service being at breaking point and a lack of affordable housing and yet still they encourage free movement.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: 28 January 2018, 04:39:56 pm »
But the health service is staffed with the help of free movement..... Which goes to show that the referendum result was fuelled by misinformation. Time for a second referendum  :D

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: 28 January 2018, 05:25:25 pm »
But the health service is staffed with the help of free movement..... Which goes to show that the referendum result was fuelled by misinformation. Time for a second referendum  :D
That's the point the brexiters voted for CONTROLLED movement - not free movement as you put it so that the UK can have the freedom to chose who it lets in - so of course we will let in qualified nursed and doctors.
« Last Edit: 28 January 2018, 05:27:10 pm by fazersharp »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: 28 January 2018, 05:43:10 pm »
Everyone I spoke to post referendum that voted 'Leave' said that broadly the same things had influenced their decision, such as the health service being at breaking point and a lack of affordable housing and yet still they encourage free movement.

Most of those who voted leave that I spoke to came up with a list of reasons that had nothing to do with the EU.  Most of what pissed em off is the policies of various UK governments over the last 30 odd years or so.  Understandably peeved off, as am I, and given a ball to kick, well they kicked.  Wrong ball though.  Leaving the EU will only make things worse.

As mtread has stated the health service is staffed with the help of free movement.  For example, currently there is a serious shortage of nursing staff in the NHS.  There are a number of reasons for that, but one is a heck of a lot of EU citizens are heading home.  The two reasons for that are, the weakness of the pound, combined with uncertainty of their status plus a general feeling of feeling unwelcome in England and Wales. 

The NHS is chronically underfunded.  The reality is that the Tories foccing hate the NHS, they’d love an American insurance based system.  Proper funding for the NHS is not difficult.  We need to make sure companies pay their corporate income tax.  Some estimates of the amount of unpaid corporation tax put it high enough to fund the whole NHS in England and Wales.  The Tories have no intention of making all corporations pay their taxes, plus working across the EU to close the corporation tax loop holes is the way forward.  The Tories however have plans to turn the UK into a tax haven.

Foc me, Tories get my foccing goat.  The foccing self-serving dirty thieving stinking  scum bags that they are.   >: >: >: >:

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: 28 January 2018, 05:47:30 pm »

That's the point the brexiters voted for CONTROLLED movement - not free movement as you put it so that the UK can have the freedom to chose who it lets in - so of course we will let in qualified nursed and doctors.

Didn’t see that on the ballot slip.  What leaving the EU meant was not defined.  I mean we could have left the EU but paid to be in the single market for example – that as things stand would mean free movement.

As it is people are dying in our hospitals and the fruit will rot in the fields come the summer, cos the Europeans are heading hame – and who can blame them.

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: 28 January 2018, 06:03:57 pm »
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: 28 January 2018, 08:41:00 pm »
That's the point the brexiters voted for CONTROLLED movement -

What on earth mak
[/size]es you think they would want to work here under 'controlled movement' when they can work in 27 other countries unrestricted? It's not even as if we are any good controlling workers from non EU countries.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: 28 January 2018, 09:04:21 pm »
The Donald is on ITV at 10pm tonight in an interview with Piers Morgan :pokefun

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: 28 January 2018, 09:49:12 pm »
For example, currently there is a serious shortage of nursing staff in the NHS.  There are a number of reasons for that, but one is a heck of a lot of EU citizens are heading home.  The two reasons for that are, the weakness of the pound, combined with uncertainty of their status plus a general feeling of feeling unwelcome in England and Wales. 
The pound is at highest point against the euro since the vote to leave the EU in 2016.
Thats 3, but you missed the 4th which is that the economy in their own country has improved so they can now find well paid jobs there.

What on earth makes you think they would want to work here under 'controlled movement' when they can work in 27 other countries unrestricted? It's not even as if we are any good controlling workers from non EU countries.
24 as Poland, Hungary, Astria and Czech Republic have closed their doors and said no to free movement.
« Last Edit: 28 January 2018, 09:51:11 pm by fazersharp »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: 28 January 2018, 10:06:40 pm »

The pound is at highest point against the euro since the vote to leave the EU in 2016.
 Thats 3, but you missed the 4th which is that the economy in their own country has improved so they can now find well paid jobs there.

Ok ah cannae count  :o , but the poond is still a significantly down on pre BREXIT vote levels.  Honest. :'(

24 as Poland, Hungary, Astria and Czech Republic have closed their doors and said no to free movement.

I think you are confusing refugees with free movement.  Poland, Hungary, Astria and Czech Republic have not closed their doors and said no to free movement.

« Last Edit: 28 January 2018, 10:07:54 pm by VNA »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: 29 January 2018, 12:15:24 am »
I think the pound drop has got more to do with traders interference, use the excuse/cover of brexit - manipulate the pound lower -- then buy then manipulate it back up and sell. Done it before with LIBOR
Funny the pound went down even though nothing yet (brexit ) had happened - funny how now brexit still not happened and yet the pound gos up again. Or is it the silly excuse "uncertainty" which is an even more frighting prospect that rigging in that the whole financial sector is run by frightened little children.     

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: 29 January 2018, 12:34:37 am »

I think the pound drop has got more to do with traders interference, use the excuse/cover of Brexit

It’s confidence.  Or lack of it rather.  UK’s credit rating has also been downgraded.  The pound in your pocket is worth less because of the BREXIT vote.

Funny the pound went down even though nothing yet (brexit ) had happened - funny how now brexit still not happened and yet the pound gos up again.

The pound is up on the week.  That’s it. 
The pound 22-06-16 = 1.30562 Euro
The pound 22-06-17 = 1.13720 Euro
The pound 29-01-18 = 1.13771 Euro
http://www.xe.com/
It's going nowhere.  It will sink if it becomes apparent that the UK will leave the single market.