Date: 01-05-24  Time: 17:32 pm

Author Topic: Debrix Emulators for FZS 600 forks  (Read 22344 times)

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Debrix Emulators for FZS 600 forks
« Reply #25 on: 06 October 2016, 05:36:45 pm »
Well now, a useful update for those still considering the mod  :)

Thanks to Debtman for pointing this out - Wemoto are now stocking YSS emulator valves for £68.  Saves on all that International postage and Import Tax tomfoolery  :lol

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/yamaha/fzs_600_fazer_sp/00/picture/fork_valves/

I should probably rename this thread to YSS Emulators...

oddbob13

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 July 2017, 01:48:41 pm »

Thanks to Debtman for pointing this out - Wemoto are now stocking YSS emulator valves for £68.  Saves on all that International postage and Import Tax tomfoolery  :lol

Thanks for that link, it was on the first page of a Google search, you sure you're not a Google employee  :rollin

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 July 2017, 03:25:14 pm »

Thanks for that link, it was on the first page of a Google search, you sure you're not a Google employee  :rollin

Work for them !don't make me laugh I think Jeff owns Google.

If you are seriously thinking about the upgrade to emulators I can vouch for the quality of the ride after the work is done, provided its done methodically, its important to work accurately and cleanly leaving no bits of swarf anywhere with in the fork tubes, be exacting when it come to measuring out the holes in the damper rods to overcome the damping effect of the rods themselves.
Couple this with some quality weight matched linear springs and the ride will be transformed, the only issue will be the back end will feel like a bowl of jelly if you still on the original Yamaha yoo yoo damper. I went the Nitron R1 shocker route, but, their is a member (DevilsYam) on here that can supply you with a R6 shocker for a very reasonable price, and I have heard guys raving about them.

One other thing thing about the Emulators is that the later bikes had damper rods that are a little shorter than the earlier models and this effects the height that you start to drill out the damper rods.

I did my 2003 FZS 600 last winter and it has transformed the handling for me, the Mrs said that it is a better ride on the pillion as well as it has taken out the shock/jarring of suspension bottoming out but most of that will be down to the rear upgrade (the bikes not hers), but the front end is smoother has more feel, feels hunkered down on the surface and inspires confidence.

Good luck with the upgrade should you decide to do it.
lots of info on the site, Jeff (Kebab) has written loads on the upgrade.
« Last Edit: 01 July 2017, 03:28:19 pm by tommyardin »

oddbob13

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 July 2017, 08:33:48 pm »
Well it's now on the list of things to do, may leave it until the winter though, needs new tyres first.

Tefer

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - FZS1000 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 July 2017, 05:52:21 pm »
Devilsym does the R6 shock but its the FZS1000 he does this for. Kebab19 does the FZS600 R6 shock, but i am not sure if anyone has a mod for the FZ6.. Different bike.

The emmulators linked will be for FZS600 so again will not work on an FZ6 i'd imagine.

Four Wheels Moves The Body... Two Wheels Moves The Soul

mobile mouse

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 03 July 2017, 09:56:53 pm »
After drilling out the four 10mm holes to the damping rod and then fitting the emulators.

I will also replace the main spring with linear ones. Until I remove the OEM units I don't know if they are different lengths.

Do you shorten the spacer at the top of the main spring?
i.e. do I line all the old kit up and measure the length and then do it again with the emulator and linear spring and take the difference off the spacer!!!

I thought I read in a post but I'm having difficulty finding that post if it ever existed.
« Last Edit: 03 July 2017, 10:32:31 pm by mobile mouse »