tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
helmet
« on: 29 October 2015, 02:56:51 pm »

Got a nice parcel  today, pleased with it, nice and quiet,  it has a pin lock,  can anyone  in lighten  me on this
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: helmet
« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2015, 03:03:34 pm »
The pinlock is a system to fit an internal anti-fog screen.  Acts sort of like double glazing, its a plastic visor with a soft bead around the edge, the two pins on the helmet visor squeeze it tightly into place.

I got a HJC RPHA 10+ a couple of months or so ago and it came with one in the box.  Works quite well, no fog issues even in the cold rain this morning.

The only issue I have found with it are that if you need to wash your visor water can get between the pinlock and the visor as the seal moves a bit when the visor flexes.  You can simply remove it etc but my pins are starting to deform the pinlock visor a little so not sure how long it will last. 

Intentionally left blank

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 October 2015, 03:20:23 pm »

Ahh brilliant thanks northwestern
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 October 2015, 05:11:01 pm »
The pinlock is a system to fit an internal anti-fog screen.  Acts sort of like double glazing, its a plastic visor with a soft bead around the edge, the two pins on the helmet visor squeeze it tightly into place.

I got a HJC RPHA 10+ a couple of months or so ago and it came with one in the box.  Works quite well, no fog issues even in the cold rain this morning.

The only issue I have found with it are that if you need to wash your visor water can get between the pinlock and the visor as the seal moves a bit when the visor flexes.  You can simply remove it etc but my pins are starting to deform the pinlock visor a little so not sure how long it will last.
The pins are off centre making the fit adjustable, rotating them tightens them against the pinlock visor for after its been removed a couple of times to make the bead snug against the helmet visor again!
Some say...

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 October 2015, 07:11:23 pm »
That's right yeah.
Intentionally left blank

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 October 2015, 09:02:26 pm »
Which helmet is it Tex?
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 October 2015, 01:26:34 am »

Got a nice parcel  today, pleased with it, nice and quiet,  it has a pin lock,  can anyone  in lighten  me on this

Congrats for the new helmet. You have the pins on the visor now you need to mount the pinlock insert bit like this:

! No longer available

If the insert is not supplied with the helmet you can buy one for about £20. It worths every penny because stops the visor from fogging when cold/winter/rain, you can buy one from here:

http://www.racevisors.co.uk/category/accessories-pinlock-agv-inserts
« Last Edit: 30 October 2015, 01:57:13 am by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 October 2015, 01:52:22 am »
Thanks val,  I have put the  rubber on , skip  it's a agv k5  naked. £220 from sports bike shop.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 October 2015, 08:49:59 pm »
Thanks val,  I have put the  rubber on , skip  it's a agv k5  naked. £220 from sports bike shop.

Cheers Tex.

If you could get out on your bike this weekend and give it a thourgh test that would be great :D
This is on my list ticks most boxes double d fastener, not to bothered by the sun visor, what i want to know is how noisy it is with regards to wind noise?
Have fun.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 October 2015, 05:21:26 am »

Cheers Tex.

If you could get out on your bike this weekend and give it a thourgh test that would be great :D
This is on my list ticks most boxes double d fastener, not to bothered by the sun visor, what i want to know is how noisy it is with regards to wind noise?
Have fun.

Also would be keen on knowing what it's like in extreme conditions?
Would you sweat like a Page 3 girl in a Syrian mosque, or freeze like a crack head Koala Bear in the North Pole? (the politest metaphor's i could come up with)
« Last Edit: 31 October 2015, 06:06:00 am by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 October 2015, 09:45:07 am »

Cheers Tex.

Have fun.

Would you sweat like a Page 3 girl in a Syrian mosque, or freeze like a crack head Koala Bear in the North Pole? (the politest metaphor's i could come up with)

:lol  :lol ill be out for a blast tomorrow,  had a ride already, it is quite  , very light,  it is tight in side but feels very comfortable  ( a lot of padding )  but I think this is removeble,  don't think it would get to hot.it does say in the instructions  it is not designed  for ear pieces but ill try mine tomorrow.  Had a hjc for years , was a great lid , Brought a Duchinni d2111 one of these dual purpose helmets and could not get on with it, very noisy  and cheaply made, one of the screws that secured the visor fell out after a couple of trips .
« Last Edit: 31 October 2015, 09:53:48 am by tex »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 October 2015, 09:56:43 am »

Cheers Tex.

Have fun.

:lol :lol ill be out for a blast tomorrow,  had a ride already, it is quite  , very light,  it is tight in side but feels very comfortable  ( a lot of padding )  but I think this is removeble,  don't think it would get to hot. Had a hjc for years , was a great lid , Brought a Duchinni d2111 one of these dual purpose helmets and could not get on with it, very noisy  and cheaply made, one of the screws that secured the visor fell out after a couple of trips .

Should be comfortable padding, rather than tight, but the padding will ease after a while and mould to the shape of your head.

More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.