Date: 18-04-24  Time: 03:25 am

Author Topic: My last ride out :(  (Read 2081 times)

urbanswine

• Technically More Proficient than Blue2
    imageJanuary 2010  
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
My last ride out :(
« on: 06 September 2012, 12:20:20 am »
I have, for various reasons decided to sell my Fazer. It's my second and I got it in 2007. I got the first in 2000. I have been more than happy with both but this last ride will be only the 2nd time I've been out on it this year. So I am looking forward to the afternoon and I will head on up to Boston and beyond getting home at sunset. After this it will be put up for sale. Maybe in a few years I'll get another and start riding again, but for now Cio!

Tori

• Tent Pole Erector / Truck Hunter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Re: My last ride out :(
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2012, 12:48:29 am »
That's a shame. I know what you mean though. My bike has sat for just over a year :( I hope we'll still see you moped endurance riding?! ;-)

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2012, 11:42:22 am »
big decision!!

not been out that much this year meself - but thats due to the weather and operation than anything else. but the bike STAYS!

good luck!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 September 2012, 12:26:09 pm »
take care and don't be a stranger, I enjoy your posts ;)
fire never sleeps

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 September 2012, 12:36:28 pm »
Looking at your pic you're too old to ride a bike anyway :lol

Think carefully Derek, maybe keep it at the back of the garage for one more year - just in case!

I've hardly ridden mine at all this year as well but the few times I have it puts that smile back.

D4Delta

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 September 2012, 12:56:05 pm »
Too old? Hang on - I'm 13 years older and just come back after a 19 year break. Longed for a bike again every day & great to be back. Hope to keep it until I leave this world for a better place. If Heaven is perfect bikes will be there too!  :lol

urbanswine

• Technically More Proficient than Blue2
    imageJanuary 2010  
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 September 2012, 09:07:20 pm »
I had a great ride today! It was sunny and warm and I stopped a few times, had sausage, egg, chips and beans for my lunch. I got up to Boston and then went a roundabout way to Peterborough. lots of smooth dry roads. I even stopped of at Gedney Drove End! Which I last went to in 1977 whilst touring the country on my Honda CB350 and my mate had a KH250 :)
I contacted a good friend and they may be buying it, so it was my last ride. I'm sad but happy I made the right decision for me right now.

you always make me laugh Locksmith :D

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 September 2012, 09:58:37 pm »
I used mine in March, then realised the tax had run out (moved house but didn't tell DVLA until sometime later), went to tax it and found the MoT had run out too.  Didn't get chance to get it in for MoT then broke 2 ribs so couldn't ride it anyway.  Whenever I had a bit of spare time it was raining and then got snowed under with work in the run-up to the big London Sports Day before finally got it in for MoT a couple of weeks ago.  At the MoT I got an advice for a weeping fork seal which, by the time I got home was throwing oil all over one front brake.  Replaced that a couple of evenings ago but still had a load of other stuff to do so didn't get out on it as I'd planned.  Finally got out on it an hour ago and have just got back.  God it was scary!  No moon and the local council have switched half the streetlamps off, even with the twin headlight mod, the lights are pretty pathetic and I've just reminded myself how different riding in the dark is.

Still enjoyed it though and won't be selling the bike no matter how little I use it.  Even if it's only once a year, when you want to blow the cobwebs away, nothing can beat it.

Hodge

• Foc-U suck-up-to-admin and good taste in bikes Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GSX650F
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 September 2012, 10:47:40 pm »
You have to do what is right for you. In this difficult financial climate I'm sure the extra pennies will be handy. It doesn't mean you can't come here for the banter though.

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
My last ride out :(
« Reply #9 on: 07 September 2012, 09:02:01 am »
Looking at your pic you're too old to ride a bike anyway :lol

LOL

GringoRojo

• Otter baiting foccer
    FOC-U Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
    Aug 08
    Oct 08
    Sept 09
  • GP Hero
  • a Doonhamer in exile
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger800XC
    • View Profile
    • a two wheeled charity ride without engines
« Reply #10 on: 07 September 2012, 02:45:16 pm »
sounds like a nice ride to finish up Urbs. don't be a stranger.

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 September 2012, 05:13:45 pm »
But I thought you'd finished the extension?  What is taking up your time now?

After a few years of my bike not getting used I've been riding it 3-5 days a week for the last 6 months, so circumstances change.  I nearly sold it but then realized how little it is 'worth', I'd rather keep it as a piece of art than sell for peanuts!