Date: 01-05-24  Time: 12:01 pm

Poll

Is facebook slowly taking over from the forum?

Yes it's the way forward to reach more people.
1 (3.8%)
No the forum is safe
8 (30.8%)
Maybe, time will tell
2 (7.7%)
They've both got a place.
9 (34.6%)
What's facebook?
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Facebook and the Foccer's Forum  (Read 3377 times)

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Facebook and the Foccer's Forum
« on: 02 October 2016, 03:38:58 pm »

Has the forum lost members activity to facebook? I know people use both, but does facebook detract from the forum?
1st of all i'm not a facebook user so I don't know what kind of presence foccers have online and how well it's user by it's members.For some me included, facebook is nothing more than a surveillance and data mining tool for the powers that be. It's been linked to increasing the levels of both stress and envy in the everyday lives of some users, so it's safe to say i'm not a fan.   
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook and the Foccer's Forum
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2016, 03:54:59 pm »
I am on Facebook, but mainly as a means of keeping in touch with friends and work colleagues... can't say I've any love for the site.
Ive looked at the FOC-u page there a couple of times but couldn't really see the point.

That said, I'd be happy to see the 3 word story and word association threads banished to the Facebook version. :lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2016, 03:56:52 pm »
I never use Facebook so wouldn't have a clue?
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2016, 06:04:51 pm »
I never use Facebook so wouldn't have a clue?

Same for me.

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2016, 06:13:19 pm »
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 October 2016, 06:13:40 pm »
I think the facebook site gets a bit more traffic than on here, So for trivial questions you can get a fairly quick response.

However, I think the quality of the replies you can get can be a bit 50/50 and when you're trying to diagnose a problem you seem to get about a dozen people guessing what the issue is.

At least on the forum, people seem to build up a bit more of a reputation and you can get a good idea of who's advice to listen too.

Just my opinion.

« Last Edit: 02 October 2016, 06:15:00 pm by Bretty »
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 October 2016, 06:28:25 pm »
I write nonsense on both.   :rolleyes
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 October 2016, 07:21:43 am »
WTF is "Facebook"?
If I want to talk bikes I find this forum provides everything. Most of the younger members of my "tribe" use FB but I am so remote from all this "must be permanently logged in to some virtual imaginary world of fashion/selfies/celebrity etc", that it has no appeal to me whatsoever." Glad I grew up in a world free of all this s**t! :lol

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 October 2016, 02:17:35 pm »
I use FucksakeBook alot mainly for the charity events I do, becauce admin person uses the invite function to organise who is going and a means to pass on information and get information without having to hunt for it. I also use it for sharing random funny shit to friends and family.

I get really Fucked off with seeing millions of pictures of someones shitty looking dinner and all their selfies. Call me old all you like but I'm sorry, a selfie to me means 'masturbation' and a selfie stick is a fucking dildo  :lol

The forums are safe as forums provide a specific place for whatever people are interested in, where FucksakeBook is just random shit throwing, yes it does have it's good points but mainly it's just Turd flinging
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 October 2016, 07:16:07 pm »
Tried looking for it on Facebook but couldn't find it anyway, but i did discover Fazer chocolate bars on there instead.  :b

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 October 2016, 07:18:17 pm »
I use FucksakeBook alot mainly for the charity events I do, becauce admin person uses the invite function to organise who is going and a means to pass on information and get information without having to hunt for it. I also use it for sharing random funny shit to friends and family.

I get really Fucked off with seeing millions of pictures of someones shitty looking dinner and all their selfies. Call me old all you like but I'm sorry, a selfie to me means 'masturbation' and a selfie stick is a fucking dildo  :lol

The forums are safe as forums provide a specific place for whatever people are interested in, where FucksakeBook is just random shit throwing, yes it does have it's good points but mainly it's just Turd flinging

How is the Tourette's going anyway?  :lol

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 October 2016, 07:25:29 pm »

How is the Tourette's going anyway?  :lol

Really 'twatie' well  :rollin :rollin :rollin
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #12 on: 03 October 2016, 08:29:05 pm »
Facebook is ok for quick answers or a bit of back-and-forth, but it's no good if you actually want to try to have (or follow) a discussion because its message threading is crap.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 October 2016, 08:50:45 pm »
I suppose it is like going from cb radio to a laptop.   any ladies fancy an eyeball lol.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 October 2016, 04:16:09 pm »
I pop in here once every couple of months. Been a member on this site around 10 years now. There is only so many times you can see the same crap come around. Most of the people I know from this site are on my face Book friends list and all the banter that used to be in general is posted on friends pages. Most of the old members who used to be active here are pretty much the same as me. And don't really bother coming here much anymore. The world moves on. If Facebook bores you that's coz you with to many pictures of peoples dinners, you have boring friends and not Facebook's fault. When I first joined here,l the general page used to be 3 pages the turnover was so large. Now when I look there is still stuff on the front page that has been there from the last time I looked.

marklawrence66

• CBT Wobbler
  • loving the old fazer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 10 October 2016, 04:51:59 pm »
Hi all.
I tend to use both. This forum if I have time to look and scroll through all the pages looking for what's relevant at that time. So don't get me wrong you guys are fab.
I have been able to add a few guys from Facebook to my friends list. Yes they know what the are talking about as each time I've asked a question there response has been fast and accurate. If I have had a issue they have always seemed to know how to help. Thinking of that I wouldn't be riding my thou now as that was a swap organised via Facebook. Thanks Richard, Chris and Paul of course all you other FB FOC ERS TOO.
BOTH TEAMS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BOTH ARE NEEDED
If you don't ride in the rain you DON'T  ride

theboydougie

• Fuds or spuds he ain't fussy
    Jan 09
    Joint winner Feb 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Hover Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 October 2016, 05:25:38 pm »
remember back when I were a lad, huge mountains of coal were lying by the road side. Elephants ran wild and NGK suppressor caps were off jet ski's. Box eyes were mk1 and foxeyes were mk2 except for when there was the debate about there being a mk1 and mk2 boxeye. Men made custom tail lights with new fangled technology such as 'LED boolbs' and people argued about the true candle power of the original box eye lamp. Counter Steering of course never did exist and never will. Black was the fastest colour, hero blobs  were never mentioned and bikes were put to bed or barbecued dependent upon the meet that they attended. Knowledge would be exchanged, jokes joked and jobs jobbed. The whole site was run by a monkey called UG and we all became proficient at UG speak. I don't like Fazers, I've never even owned one; except for the three that I've owned.

Time goes on, people grow older and to be honest someone told me that this page had been knocked down to make way for a new shopping centre with a Primark and a roller disco which was to be located just south of Carlisle. Clearly i was lied to.

Lum

• FOC-U Helpful Bastid
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 October 2016, 06:08:54 pm »
It's gone right downhill since I've not been on here