Date: 20-05-24  Time: 15:18 pm

Author Topic: A question of respect (let the flaming begin...)  (Read 17927 times)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: A question of respect (let the flaming begin...)
« Reply #75 on: 05 April 2013, 08:53:25 am »
:rollin
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: A question of respect (let the flaming begin...)
« Reply #76 on: 05 April 2013, 12:43:14 pm »
I dont think we will get closure on this, but I do sense young simon might change his views with some years on the road. We were not there so cant say whether the gap was sensible for pulling out or not, but either way its a lesson learnt.
My comment is for folks not to get too " legalistic" about the highway code viz you cant justify an action because the other driver should have been driving " to the book" ...as a potential accident is there in the making. Far too many drivers cut each other up in such a belief.ie I am doing 70 so if you hit me you must be speeding ! Fact is that traffic does exceed the limit and the guy doing 90 may not seem to be going that fast , but an advanced driver observes the motion of vehicles for at least a second to ascertain its velocity, and do a double take if not sure. The motto is restraint. If in any doubt dont do a manoeuvre. You are relying on that other driver doing the right thing, which wont alway sbe the case. Its like walking onto a pedestrian crossing in self affirmed belief the speeding driver wont hit me !Too late when he does cos he aint seen you or cant stop in time ...
whether its  a police car or not is irrelevant as to change lanes is to accept liability for anything which ensues.TBH pulling out on any emergency vehicle is not a clever thing in any circumstances, blue lights or not.