Date: 01-05-24  Time: 07:50 am

Author Topic: FZS600 - Headlamp low-beam blinding drivers problem  (Read 1616 times)

Torque

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
FZS600 - Headlamp low-beam blinding drivers problem
« on: 14 April 2014, 09:15:20 pm »
Hey,
After some miles and going back from a ride after it went dark I've realized that my Fazer blinds other drivers.
When it's dark I could see that low-beam is effectively staying high-beam with the same frequence as driving over the uneven roads.

I've spot that the low-beam bulb casing it's loose and it felt down, I've fixed it once, but then it felt down again after few hundred miles.
Does it mean my headlamp is broken or it's just badly assembled?

Here it's the image:

free picture upload
« Last Edit: 14 April 2014, 09:16:00 pm by Torque »

Gav

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: FZS600 - Headlamp low-beam blinding drivers problem
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2014, 09:29:15 pm »
Felt down lol..hey matey the stock headlamps are crap and I'm not surprised yours are falling apart.  Slap in a couple of xenon projector hids instead :-))))  a fair few of us fellow box eye Fazer owners have done this mod now.  Need a weekend and 70 quid to do it.
  http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=11957.0
FZS600 XENON HID PROJECTOR INSTALL VIDEO
This week I've been mostly tinkering in the garage

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2014, 01:05:37 am »
Two points of interest:

One, there are headlamp adjusters at the back of the headlamp. Check the "Downloads" section, plenty of info there.  :)

Two, that cap does foc all really. Loose like that is an MOT fail, removed all together - not an issue.
The Deef's apprentice

greenman

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2014, 02:33:39 pm »
I had issues with mine, the first time I rode at night, I came out of street lights to dark and had to stop, all I had was a small V of light to see by, I rode home on high beam slowly. I replaced bulbs with halfords extra bright ones, I put spacers in to make the filaments further back in headlight  which seems to hit more of the reflectors giving a better spread of light. I then did the connect the redundant side of the 2 filamentb bulb to the unused dip beam connection in the box under tank via a switch so there's no issues for mot, this has worked great for very little money. It is worth moving the bulbs back and forward in the headlight to see where the best position is to give the best spread of light, just a couple of mm makes a big difference. I wonder if the bulbs the lights were originally designed for are shorter than we can get here.
There ain't arf been some clever bastards