Date: 02-05-24  Time: 17:43 pm

Author Topic: Ride out this Sunday 26th June  (Read 6221 times)

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Ride out this Sunday 26th June
« Reply #25 on: 26 June 2016, 08:04:54 am »
Hungover
Some say...

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 June 2016, 08:05:36 am »
I thought you might be......  :rollin
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 June 2016, 09:51:33 pm »
Good to catch up Foccers, nice little rideout too. Till next time.  :thumbup
« Last Edit: 26 June 2016, 10:11:00 pm by dazza »

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 June 2016, 09:45:27 am »
My brain is finally working after trip away, and managed a quick, and I mean quick ride last evening with my son on his R6 and his friend on R1 to 1066 on A21 to find it had closed at 4.30pm! lol
Fazer morphed into R1 mode and wasn't disgraced, led back through the lanes as couldn't face A21 again :b
Good to see you visited the Ringlestone, one of my favourite pubs, does it have electricity now, used to visit it back in the day when it was candlelit.
Often pass it on the way back from Faversham when I cut through the lanes.
Attached article with first R1, still have second blue one which my son now owns as well as his R6 and CBR400RR.
Hopefully will make next ride, off to Cornwall Saturday with caravan and dogs just for the weekend. 8)
« Last Edit: 28 June 2016, 09:48:10 am by Grandma »
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28 June 2016, 01:03:13 pm »
 :)  Love it Christine  :thumbup

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 30 June 2016, 04:46:11 pm »
Can I be nosey boys?

WHere are these BoB points of interest and what route(s) did you eventually take?

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 July 2016, 12:38:21 pm »
Can I be nosey boys?

WHere are these BoB points of interest and what route(s) did you eventually take?
I'd be interested in the route as well. Would have loved to have done this last week, but would have lost serious brownie points, as was the wife's birthday.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 July 2016, 01:58:53 pm »
I'm a little bit rubbish at plotting routes as I tend to have every road blueprinted in my tiny brain but I will try....
From Sittingbourne we cut through Tunstall, Bredgar and Hollingbourne to come out on the A20 to the bottom of Charing hill although we usually take the A251 from Faversham and pick up the 252 to Charing, most times I turn towards Chilham and turn around just before the A28 and ride the road the other direction because it's one of my favourite local roads. Once at the bottom of Charing hill I turn towards Ashford along the A20 and take the turning to Pluckley (Ooh scary) Some lovely little twisties through there especially if you take the right fork past the village through screaming woods on to Headcorn aerodrome which is a good little stop off.
From there  you can get on the A274 towards Tenterden and on to Rye, again, some lovely twisty roads all around that area or the A28 towards Ashford is pretty decent.
We headed back the way we come from Headcorn through Pluckley and Charing, Challock, Chilham, cut acroos through Shalmsford street to the B2068 and picked up the old A20 into Folkestone  which always seems to be deserted and is pretty fun.
Some pretty good bends just before the Spitfire memorial at Capel le ferne going up the hill and the same heading back towards Hawkinge. Sometimes I like to get off the beaten track and explore the lesser used roads, however sometimes this doesn't always go to plan and an enduro would be better suited.  :D
Hope this hasn't confused you too much.

« Last Edit: 01 July 2016, 02:07:47 pm by dazza »

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01 July 2016, 04:19:41 pm »
Sometimes I like to get off the beaten track and explore the lesser used roads, however sometimes this doesn't always go to plan and an enduro would be better suited.  :D

No shit Sherlock, about 15k of lanes that the tarmac parts were about a cars tyre width wide, next time you talk about your DRZ before we head off remind me to head the other way :lol
Still picking bits of twigs and leaves from my bike now.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01 July 2016, 06:39:10 pm »
That's great Dazza, thanks. Used to go to Folkestone a fair bit in the early 70's, used to love the A20, especially in that area. Also the road up from Charing to Canterbury, used to use that quite a bit when my son lived in Ramsgate.
Red Ceri, I know exactly what you mean when you've got an adventurous leader. That's happened to me more than a few times in the lower Alps when you wish you were holding Renthals on a dirt bike, rather than clip ons on a Fireblade.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.