Date: 27-04-24  Time: 16:09 pm

Author Topic: Replacement handlebar switches  (Read 295 times)

Frasier

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - YZF750R, TT600R, YZ250
    • View Profile
Replacement handlebar switches
« on: 27 July 2023, 08:23:02 am »
The switchblocks on the handlebar looked tired on my bike, not surprisingly. Found a very similar (and affordable) set on Ali [ https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32899338822.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.435.6a4a1802d1IkEF ]. Recently installed it, and I would like to share my experience, for other owners, who wants to try it.- The connectors aren't the same. I bought new connectors on Ali, very cheap, I needed 2 pin (black coloured), 6 pin and 9 pin "2.8 mm" connector sets (white coloured), usually sold in 5 or 10 pcs in a bag, male and female versions. For example: [ https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001774997442.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000014.4.89e4slEGslEGAw ] These connectors are widespread on motorcycles.Using a multimeter and the factory wiring diagram I identified which wire goes where. The chinese swiches wired differently, they joined certain 12V and ground wires, which in theory could be OK, but the wires are thin, so I decided to make the wiring exactly the same as the originals. I had to add 2 extra wires per side, and separate some joined wires. The cluch switch connector must be changed to the new 2 pin black connector, the front brake switch connector remains as it is (I soldered over the crimping, to be honest I soldered over every crimped joints).
- The switch internals are good quality! That was a surprise, for the price. It's true, the Yamaha originals have metal tabs to hold the individual parts inside, but the the switches themselves are plastic. The aftermarked switches are built a little differently inside, no metal tabs, but they seemed good quality, I think they will work for a long time. Time will tell.- The new switches has positioning tabs, like the originals, and fit in the same position on the hadlebar.
- The new left switchblock has no choke lever, but it has a hazard lights button, I liked that, so installed a button on the choke directly on the left carburetor, and deleted the original remote choke lever.- I installed the switches, they work well, the hazard lights are working perfectly with the original flasher relay (bought an electronic one, just in case, but not needed)
GMTY
Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCat alanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgia nGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKann adaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdish (Kurmanji)Kurdish (Sorani)KyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMong olianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamil TatarTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
EnglishHungarianSwedish-------- [ All ] --------AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgia nGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKann adaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdish (Kurmanji)Kurdish (Sorani)KyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMong olianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamil TatarTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters
:  :  : Donate
Close