Date: 30-04-24  Time: 15:09 pm

Author Topic: Gen 1 Fazer 1000. Double Bubble or Touring Screen for all round use?  (Read 1419 times)

Just Fazered

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
I've just got my Gen 1 Fazer 1000, and at 6ft 2ins tall, I am getting loads of wind blast, which doesn't surprise me. Not sure which screen to get:

I see a few alternatives exist by way of double bubble, or whats advertised as a touring screen.  I've fitted double bubbles on some previous bikes which were RSV1000, VT1000 and SV1000, but not to the more upright position of the Fazer 1000.

Have any of you guys bought and replaced the standard screen with either of these, and can report a noticeable improvement?

I hope you can help with your experiences of these type aftermarket screens?

Cheers,

Ray.

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
I'm about the same height  and mines got a d/bubble on ,works Ok for me in the low three figures.
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

Just Fazered

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Great to know. I see you've lavished loads of time and money on your bike. Looks awesome.

Thanks for the update

Cheers

Ray.

brokenback

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - none
    • View Profile
Hi,im 6.1 and i have a mra vario screen and its the dogs watsits.I have a spare mra screen for sale if your interested,its £50 thats including postage they retail at £99.its dark smoke in colour.If your interested just drop me a line,also im in n/cle upon tyne

steve pring

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - DRZ400E
    • View Profile
I've just PM'd you
Steve