Date: 30-04-24  Time: 19:24 pm

Author Topic: poor man bluetooth intercom sat nav helmet headphones  (Read 5399 times)

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
poor man bluetooth intercom sat nav helmet headphones
« on: 12 April 2016, 07:34:30 pm »
I have mounted my new TCOM-SC 800M Interphone Bluetooth helmet intercom headset. I was looking at some other expensive devices, but do I need to pay over £200 for 2 speakers, mic and piece of bluetooth?

More than happy. Does exactly what I will ever need and more. I bought it to connect to my Android phone for the sat nav ocassional use once in a month. Apparently I can listen to muisc, do phone calls and even connect to other similar devices as intercom now as well  :lol:

On fleabay its about £29: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/800M-Interphone-Bluetooth-BT-Motorbike-Motorcycle-Helmet-Intercom-Headset-Kit-UK-/281802500620?hash=item419cbcea0c:g:T1IAAOSwEetV-mAH&clk_rvr_id=1013707210398&rmvSB=true

I got it from amazon though for the next day delivery:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boblov-Screen-Motorcycle-Intercom-Headset/dp/B016XJE3T0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

My helmet Shoei NXR have slots for the speakers, means very comfty when you put the helmet on, can you spot where the speaker is:

The mic fits nicely too:

The kit has clamp (clamps are ugly) and 3M sticker with velcro attached mount pad. I like sticker mounting better, very slim and better looking, also the sticker can be glued exactly where you want it for a better positioning:

Here is the bluetooth piece mounted:

Note from the shooting angle it looks much bigger than it is, its actually pretty slim device no more than half an inch:

Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

tony_d123

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: poor man bluetooth intercom sat nav helmet headphones
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2016, 07:38:26 am »
I recently bought a pair of these so the wife can nag me on trips, but mainly to replace my Scala for the sat nav. Very impressive for the price £48 a pair on eBay including delivery.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2016, 07:33:45 pm »
those are the same as mine. bt Bluetooth, re-branded.cost more than that,,but work brilliant, today I was cruising at about 70, I took a text on them, and opted to reply,it read it correct and sent it,. brilliant.

What I have found for the music volume is to play music on the phone ,turn volume to max on the phone,,then connect headset Bluetooth.this ensures you can get full volume.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Rob R

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2009 FZ1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2016, 09:28:27 pm »
For the times when you don't want/need intercom you should check out Sony's SBH20 - great little bluetooth gizmo using earbuds, so no mods to crash helmet required, & good battery life too. I use mine exclusively with my TomTom rider pro.
Rob

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 April 2016, 02:10:58 pm »

Or if you're really skint........

More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 April 2016, 04:27:33 pm »
I have started using the FM radio on it, works real well
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

MMCMME

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2016, 08:49:42 pm »
Just ordered one of these for myself. Looking forward to having a mess around with it.

Still working well?

I still feel a little unsure about listening to music while riding as I like to know whats going on around me but Im sure I will get used to it.

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #7 on: 01 May 2016, 10:12:54 am »
Recently got a pair of these too. Missus wanted something to hear satnav. But they're great when out together to matter away. Had them on intercom pretty much permanently for a 4hr ride, batteries held up grand.

Only annoying things: usb plug is different to everything else we have, so got to dig out supplied cable to charge. I also thing the plug on headset should be rotated 180, to angle plug backwards and make cable routing easier.
They're not super strong, managed to pull apart an ear piece trying to peel it off the velcro. And u clip for helmet cracked a bit trying to pull off the headset bit, as it was a bit stiff.

I paid £40 the pair, so can't moan too much.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 May 2016, 11:37:47 am »
Has anybody managed to connect to other riders with different kit ie scala rider/Cardo etc?
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

MMCMME

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 May 2016, 07:41:05 pm »
Been reading a lot of reviews and webpages on these and as far as I could tell, they only connect to each other.

Great for music, satnav, radio, talking to Mrs on the back.

Not so great for talking to buddies Im riding with who all splashed out on Sena kits and the likes.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 May 2016, 07:53:39 pm »
Been reading a lot of reviews and webpages on these and as far as I could tell, they only connect to each other.

Great for music, satnav, radio, talking to Mrs on the back.

Not so great for talking to buddies Im riding with who all splashed out on Sena kits and the likes.
Had the scala rider before and was great.
Only have my boy on the back now (ex never went on the bike anyway) so still need to talk to him but it's more for talking to mates on their bikes so it looks like I'll need to look at the more expensive type :(
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)