Date: 28-03-24  Time: 16:06 pm

Author Topic: gen one thou for sale, cheap but needs some love...  (Read 689 times)

balti

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
gen one thou for sale, cheap but needs some love...
« on: 29 June 2022, 04:45:44 pm »

It's with a heavy heart that i'm selling my trusty old fzs 1000, 32'000 miles on the clock, 2002 model, i'm after £1500.00, located in Leeds
Priced low for a quick sale, bearing in mind it needs some TLC, hence the low price.

This bike has been my commuter/hack/touring bike for the past 3 years and has been ridden 12 months a year in all weathers, as such it is far from a show bike, with various dings, scratches and general age related wear and tear

The good bits:

I have maintained it mechanically, and in my ownership it's had all the suspension linkage bearings replaced, braided brake Hoses, stainless steel pistons fitted in front brake calipers, carb inlet rubbers replaced, clutch cable replaced, battery replaced with a motobatt recently, tyres replaced a few months ago, Renthal flat bars fitted and forks dropped through the yokes for a sportier riding position/quicker handling, forks stripped and serviced a couple of winters ago, exup valve regularly serviced , and new exup cables fitted.

The not so good bits:

-Looks tired, cosmetic issues, some flaking engine paint, scratches, a couple of small cracks in the fairings, small ding in the tank, rusty bolts and fixings etc.
-Big tear in the seat which I've expertly re-upholstered  up  with gaffer tape
-Due a proper service; a few thousand miles past the service interval for a valve check, fluids and filters etc need changing and Carbs could probably do with a strip and clean, chain and sprockets past their best, advisory for head bearings on last mot
-I've been advised by a mechanic that the old datatool immobilizer / alarm system should be removed asap to prevent electrical issues later down the line

Despite all this she still pulls harder than a 14 year old boy who's just discovered how to turn off parental controls on the family computer, and can get you from 0 mph to a license ban in a few seconds. I would love to keep her and restore her to her former glory, but i got a good deal on a low mile fz1 last month, and can't justify owning both so this needs to go to free up some space in the shed and recoup some funds.

Please don't send daft offers, it's priced low already,  there's plenty of dodgy folk who would list this as a minter and ask for a grand more. throw 500 quid or so at it and this could be a nice tidy bike again, or just do the basics and ride the hell out of it like i did, these bike last forever!
« Last Edit: 01 July 2022, 01:39:47 pm by balti »

balti

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: gen one thou for sale, cheap but needs some love...
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2022, 05:01:28 pm »
more photos

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: gen one thou for sale, cheap but needs some love...
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2022, 06:21:40 pm »
May be worth adding your location to the initial post to help people decide
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again