Date: 01-05-24  Time: 04:41 am

Author Topic: water proofs??  (Read 4038 times)

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
Re: water proofs??
« Reply #25 on: 04 July 2016, 06:12:48 pm »
I use an Alpine Stars one-piece lightweight oversuit that I keep under the seat in case I get caught in an unexpected shower and so far, it's never leaked. But if I'm going out and I know it's going to be wet, I wear my Teknic textile 2 piece. Had it about 10 years now and is still waterproof (but cost more than £130).

Liz wears an Alpine Stars "Stella" 2 piece textile suit (again way more than £130) which has been totally waterproof, even when she was wearing it all day in bad weather when she was instructing for CBT's.

Youngest son uses a 2 piece Richa textile suit which has so far been waterproof (around £250), but previously wore my old (around 15 years old) Fieldsheer one-piece oversuit which again performed perfectly, even for him after I'd finished with it.

I've never actually tried a "cheap"/"value" lightweight 2 piece, but I always thought they were a waste of time because of the wind (and rain) getting in through the overlap (most of them didn't seem to zip together.).

Dinger1962

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • - 1987 tomos 50cc
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04 July 2016, 07:44:26 pm »
Flexothane 1 peice oversuit-- takes impact out of the rain leaving me very dry except neck area-durable-cheap-had mine 12 years just wish could find one with a high neck collar other than that cheap effective can be rolled up/stuffed under seat regards Stu-
MY GRANDAD TOLD ME -WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER--EXCEPT FOR A BEAR THAT WILL DEFINATELY KILL YOU---

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04 July 2016, 08:29:54 pm »
Lol.......or a pair of speedo's.....skin is waterproof

only one way though!!
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!