Date: 01-05-24  Time: 11:35 am

Author Topic: Rad Hoses  (Read 82576 times)

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Rad Hoses
« Reply #425 on: 28 May 2013, 01:47:53 pm »
Hey everyone,

Just to let people know that Myself and Noggythenog both have a blue kit for sale, these are the 2 extra kits we bought to make up the numbers. They are the same colour of blue as on my bike in the pictures on the previous page of this thread. We will be selling them on for some profit to make it worth us having bought them but really we'll just be breaking even on costs we incurred from buying the extra kits.

If anyone is interested please PM for details and prices. It will still be cheaper than buying them direct from SFS.

Chris
« Last Edit: 28 May 2013, 01:50:54 pm by Chris »

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 26 October 2013, 04:30:29 pm »
New member Andyroo has contacted regards the Rad hoses.....& luckily i hadnt yet got off my lazy arse to sell my spare set.so he's having them after all this time.

Interestingly he had no luck trying to get a set from sfs which means the 10 sets we ordered are the only ones & pretty rare.

I appreciate they are an expensive mod when the same money can get you other tasty parts but big shout out to the rad hose crew!!! 8)

At least we wont suffer leaky pipes any time soon :rolleyes

I still havent actually fitted the additional hoses from the second order so that can be on my next to do lost & actually the pipes quite suit my noggyfighter project.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 26 October 2013, 06:08:43 pm »
Hmm, what do you mean he had no luck with SFS?? They did say anyone after the group buy could order individual kits seeing as the mandrels for the set have been made... I'll get in touch with them to sort it out if anyone else is interested in a kit. Or I'm sure we could set up another group buy if we could get another group of people interested. As we all know the kits we got are of very high quality and are as good as the day we got them.

Yeah, your bike looks sweet Noggy, love the fighter look with the blue pipes, sets off the engine nicely.

All the best,

Chris

thunderpantz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 27 October 2013, 11:22:53 am »
I'd be up for a group buy :)

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 27 October 2013, 07:04:05 pm »
I'm happy to organise another group buy but I imagine we'll need 10 people to do it.

Chris

Edit: I have emailed the guy I dealt with at SFS about getting more kits made either for individuals or as a group buy so will let you know what he says.
« Last Edit: 27 October 2013, 07:25:10 pm by Chris »

bozboz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XT600E
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 28 October 2013, 12:43:55 am »
Ive got my black ones fitted from our previous group buy but I'll be up for another set (this time in green) if we do it again...so thats 2 in  :)

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 28 October 2013, 12:50:40 am »
Green and black would be good, monster energy colours look really nice on bikes in my opinion  8)

Chris

bozboz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XT600E
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 28 October 2013, 01:07:58 am »
Im going for a whole monster energy theme I decided. Live fast die fun. :D

spider

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - triumph explorer. lambretta
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 31 October 2013, 10:38:22 am »
. as these pipes got done. would it be worth doing the ones for the carbs. they must work out cheaper than what Yamaha are asking. if so I would be interested. we all have cracked carb rubbers. cheers spider

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 31 October 2013, 11:37:46 am »
. as these pipes got done. would it be worth doing the ones for the carbs. they must work out cheaper than what Yamaha are asking. if so I would be interested. we all have cracked carb rubbers. cheers spider

On the original group buy we did not include the carb rubbers but this does not mean it can not be done if the group agrees to it. Chris and others were good enough to send off their pipes for measurement. Chat with with those interested and see if you want this to happen but some one will need to send off the pipes in question. Chat with Chris as he was the man who had contact with the manufactures. I for one owe him a drink or two.

Daz

She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 01 November 2013, 01:20:20 am »
Right Fellas,

Heard back from the guy at sfs and he'd be more than happy to do another group buy but he's working out a price if we want to buy individual ones. If we want a group buy we'll need ten people to make an order.

As for the carb rubbers, I presume you mean the rubber between carbs and engine head? We could make up an order but I don't know if it'd be much cheaper than the original parts as we'd have to send off a set to them and get the tooling templates made up then order at least ten sets. If someone is willing to send a set of rubbers and we get 10 people together I'm happy to set that up as a separate order in a different thread to avoid confusion.  :)

No worries Daz my man, we're all in together, I needed you as much as you needed me to organise it. haha.

Chris

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 01 November 2013, 06:42:14 pm »
i was reading the original thread about these last night,got to page 15 and my bloody broadband dropped out on me (oh the joys of living in the sticks!),think i got up to the bit about that maybe there was a hose or 2 missing? i'll read the rest tonight,but the fact that there's a 2nd group buy being organised to me  means alls ok with them,so put me down for a set please-in blue me thinks.
ive done several hose's on my car engine,they definatley look better and improve the feel of the car's engine response ( its a turbo engine,so doing the TIP and boost pipes will always make it feel better,plan to do the coolant hose's on the car soon as well)

so,in short,yes please,i'll have a set in the next group buy  ;)

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 02 November 2013, 12:39:58 am »
Hi,

yes there was a small mix up and a couple of pipes had to be added to the set but we had all that done the first time around so not going to be a problem this time.

Well that's 4 possible people for another group buy and we need 10. As I said, I'm waiting to hear back from the supplier as to the prices etc but will hopefully be soon. At worst it'll be what we paid the first time around. I'll keep you all posted when I hear back from him.

If anyone else is interested then stick your name up on here.

Chris

scratch it

• Cager in Training
  • if it itches scratch it
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 10 November 2013, 11:06:45 pm »

Hi fellow fazer's  i'm up for a set please.  looking to make several up grades over winter.  Have seen pictures on this forum they look very neat.

A set in Blue for me please,

Let me know if you need money up front or a holding deposit.   :D
it's a good life when your wife encourages you to go out and ride at the weekend, 

in wife speak ( get out of the house )

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 13 November 2013, 04:16:24 pm »
Hi scratch it, welcome to the forum.

That's a few people now, will try and get hold of them again to get an individual price as we still don't have enough for another group buy.

Chris

monkeyrumble

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 02 January 2014, 10:43:21 pm »
Hello yes I would be very interested in a set of these hoses if the offer is still available.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 03 January 2014, 03:12:07 am »
Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been M.I.A for a couple of months. It's been a mad time for me moving house and working a lot of extra shifts but things should calm down a bit now. I will chase up SFS for an individual price as I'm not sure we have enough for another group buy.

All the best,

Chris

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #442 on: 03 January 2014, 02:23:29 pm »
Can anyone remember what kind of price they were last time? I am interested, but I am also currently working on 3 bikes and my missus will kick me out if I keep spending our holiday money on motorcycles. As long as I do it in smallish chunks she does not notice (I think).
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

MarkWales

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 03 January 2014, 02:29:34 pm »
Also interested to see what price these are going to be - those who have them fitted, what are your thoughts on them?

jason1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 03 January 2014, 02:58:18 pm »
Id def be interested in a green set , depending on how much ?

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 03 January 2014, 03:14:29 pm »
from memory they were about £120ish... can't remember it's on one of the previous pages in this thread...

And adeejaysdelight, they always know!

Chris

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #446 on: 12 January 2014, 08:56:32 pm »
from memory they were about £120ish... can't remember it's on one of the previous pages in this thread...

And adeejaysdelight, they always know!

Chris

Your right. I think several delivery men turning up every week gives the game away  :lol

Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 12 January 2014, 10:44:17 pm »
I see theres a gew questions about these.

My claim to fame.....first ever fazer owner to have them fitted. :)

They are excellent quality, they smell lovely :b , when you take the old hoses off you wonder how long they would have lasted for anyway.

Sometimes i look at them & think oh foc, tarts handbag or a bit Mickey Mouse....other times i look at them & think they look the shizny.

The blue hoses on a blue bike is by far the best combo
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 13 January 2014, 12:24:44 am »

The blue hoses on a blue bike is by far the best combo

Damn right they are! haha

Sorry I've not heard back from the guy at sfs yet, I did get in touch a few days ago but not had a chance to check my emails today so might have something. Will let you all know as soon as I hear anything.

Chris

Tefer

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - FZS1000 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 07 March 2014, 09:23:31 am »
Hi,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, did anyone buy from SFS as an individual? I am springing leaks out of old tired hoses and this may be the best route.

Four Wheels Moves The Body... Two Wheels Moves The Soul