Date: 18-05-24  Time: 02:31 am

Author Topic: A bit more shiney for the fizzer  (Read 5544 times)

papercutout

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: A bit more shiney for the fizzer
« Reply #25 on: 01 April 2014, 07:14:55 pm »
Thats a shame
For me it dosent have to be stainless steel, aluminum alli  would be fine or even plain steel and I will paint, am I the only one that would prefer a black one I do think the S/S one stands out too much and lets face it the rad is not pretty is it.
If he is not going to do them can you publish the layout if you have one

Exactly. My bike came with one of those stainless ones with 'FAZER' across it. The other day I took it off, prepped, primered and sprayed it black. Looks far neater now!

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 April 2014, 07:43:15 pm »
Had a check of the speedo cable routing and did run close to the discs the previous way.. Is this the correct route "between the caliper bolts?"
Yes, but you can probably pull a smidgen of slack through from above and then the cable tucks in the gap between the top mount and the caliper... will look neater than running it over the fork lower in front of the bolt.

johna6968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 April 2014, 07:51:32 pm »
Had a check of the speedo cable routing and did run close to the discs the previous way.. Is this the correct route "between the caliper bolts?"
Yes, but you can probably pull a smidgen of slack through from above and then the cable tucks in the gap between the top mount and the caliper... will look neater than running it over the fork lower in front of the bolt.

Thanks Fazerider.. Did tuck the cable in the small gap you mention.. Pic was more to see if that was the right way behind upper bracket and back in through gap between bolts.. cheers
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it..

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 April 2014, 09:37:29 pm »

Thanks Fazerider.. Did tuck the cable in the small gap you mention.. Pic was more to see if that was the right way behind upper bracket and back in through gap between bolts.. cheers
I suspected that offering detailing advice to someone whose bike looks that tidy was probably unnecessary. :lol

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01 April 2014, 10:27:20 pm »
Thanks for the replies.. Spoken to Derek today and looking like rad the cover will be a one off. Would struggle to produce for a price that wouldnt place it above some of the current available covers on the market.. Please feel free to copy the design tho if it appeals, as no patents are pending :lol
I get the impression those showing an interest want one because of it's look of quality and sturdiness, not because they may get it cheaper or same price as the lower quality shyte found on the bay. 
Perhaps Derek should name a price and see what interest remains. Unless he really doesn't want to make them ofcourse:) 
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 01 April 2014, 10:51:55 pm »
I get the impression those showing an interest want one because of it's look of quality and sturdiness, not because they may get it cheaper or same price as the lower quality shyte found on the bay. 
Perhaps Derek should name a price and see what interest remains. Unless he really doesn't want to make them ofcourse:) 

Thats it I like how neatand simple it looks and I think the ones with fazer across them are a little bit childish (sorry all those who have one)
Im sure that all the hard work is done in designing it Derek just needs to "bang em out"
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

johna6968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 April 2014, 11:30:32 pm »
Rad covers are readily available for as little as £24.99, mentioned earlier in the thread by a member.. Higher end of the scale I figure they are around the £50 mark?.. I have now discovered the process of making them would involve 2 different people and therefore unfortunately wouldnt be viable.. The one I have fitted was gratefully completed as a favour from a family member.. If anyone would like any exact dimensions from the Rad cover dont hesitate to ask.. cheers John

Tregzy

• DAS Born Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02 April 2014, 08:55:44 am »
I'm in +1 plz

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02 April 2014, 11:20:09 am »
Cut the side sections and pop the original side trims back on.  Looks really good.

Par6

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Honda dax
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02 April 2014, 01:06:55 pm »
What's that grill off/from ?

johna6968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02 April 2014, 01:13:52 pm »
Cut the side sections and pop the original side trims back on.  Looks really good.

Does look well that rad cover.. My thinking was to give the rad wider/squarer look from the front and steer away from standard..

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02 April 2014, 01:32:05 pm »

I know its been done before so sorry for nicking it
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

johna6968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 02 April 2014, 05:36:51 pm »

I know its been done before so sorry for nicking it

Alfresco food and a rad guard to boot.... Should be sufficiently colour coded black too once done eating... alls good  :thumbup