Date: 27-04-24  Time: 22:54 pm

Author Topic: problems with pyramid hugger fitment on gen1  (Read 1531 times)

fazer6868

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
problems with pyramid hugger fitment on gen1
« on: 18 December 2011, 09:24:48 pm »
Anyone had problems with the above?

My gen 1had a pyramid hugger for around 80k, howver itwas always 'twisted' in that it sat higher on one side than the other even after building up the brake side with spacers.

i eventually had to bin it when it fell apart.

after trying to find some other makes i bought another pyramid thinking that i won't have the same problem and bugger me it's worse.

again on the brake side the hugger is touching the tyre and there is insufficient gap betweek the fornt part and the ceoss bar on the swing arm.

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: problems with pyramid hugger fitment on gen1
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2011, 09:31:17 pm »

i fitted a skidmarx hugger to mine. i binned the supplied fittings, measured exactly where i wanted it to sit and made up my own mounting bracket for the brake side. i figured it was either that or suffer a lopsided hugger...
is it clean enough?

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2011, 09:35:30 pm »
I brought a pryamid hugger for gen1 about 4-5 months ago in the blue colour and mine fits perfect, i also run 6'' rear wheel with 190/50 tyre and the gap between hugger and tyre is fine, sounds like i may have struck lucky as im sure someone else on the site had complained about there hugger as well !!

The Male Whale

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1300 Pan European/ZZR 1400
    • View Profile
    • Celtic Motorcycles
« Reply #3 on: 19 December 2011, 07:15:51 am »
I was the other guy!

Mine was a Red Fox though. Problem was simple on mine - holes drilled in wrong place.

Red Fox replaced mine and I gave the old one away to soeone on here who reamed out the holes and bolted it up!
On the Gas! :stop